Chapter 39

The next morning, James woke Lily up.

"Wake up," James said softly in her ear.

"Hmm," Lily moaned. He kissed her and Lily's eyes fluttered open. "Hi."

"Hi," he said. He smiled at her. "We are going to Hogsmeade today."

Lily's eyes widened and she shot straight up. "What time is it?" Lily asked James.

"Almost 10:00," James told her.

"I promised Alice that I would meet her at 10:00," Lily said.

"Then you'd better get ready quickly," James said. It was then that Lily noticed James was already ready.

"Okay," Lily agreed. "I will." She got up and then immediately felt self conscious that she was only wearing a t-shirt and a pair of short shorts. Then she realized who she was standing next to, this was the man who wore footy pajamas to class on a dare from his best friend. She nodded to the door and James backed out, letting her get dressed in peace.

Lily put on a pair of black leggings, a tight white crop top and a long army green cardigan. Lily curled her hair, making her look less like she just woke up. She applied a layer of natural make up and checked the clock to her right. Five minutes to ten. Lily raced out of the room and raced down the stairs to meet James and Sirius who were waiting for her.

"I thought you said she just woke up?" Sirius said to James.

"I did," Lily said. She gave Sirius a wink.

"Let's go I'm late meeting Alice," Lily said. The boys followed herself out of the door, and Lily stopped short. "I forgot my wand," she cringed.

James handed her the wand that Lily had just claimed to have forgotten.

"Thanks babe," Lily said. SHe turned around and gave James a kiss. Sirius made a retching noise, Lily rolled her eyes, but they continued. When the small group reaches the carriages that bring them to Hogsmeade it is exactly 10:00. Lily spots Alice and she hurries over.

Alice is dressed a bit more provocatively than Lily had described, but overall she seemed to have taken Lily's advice to heart. "Good timing," Alice said.

"Thanks," Lily said. "Sorry I dragged these bozos with me," she nodded to James and Sirius who were chatting and sort of following Lily.

"Not a problem," Alice said, linking her arm with Lily's as they walked into the nearest carriage. They stepped in and it was empty. James and Sirius followed chattering about something quidditch related that Alice and Lily had no interest in.

Marlene rushed into the cabin and fell beside Sirius who was the furthest from the door.

"Sorry I'm late," she apologized.

The carriage started to rumble, "looks like you made it just in time," Alice said.

When they finally landed, they all stood up to exit, but Lily pushed Alice to the front, so that she would have to open the door. Lily followed and as Alice opened the door they saw a tall figure with dark hair and ministry robes.

Alice squealed with delight "Frank!" The ran into his arms and the beam on her face matched the one on Frank's.

"Hey baby," he murmured. Frank had lifted her off of her feet and Alice kissed him so passionately that Lily averted her gaze because she thought that it was too personal. SHe saw James and Marlene do the same as they all exited the carriage, but Sirius smirked at them.

James' birthday and Christmas had already passed, but Marlene's birthday was coming up, so Lily had some shopping to do. "I have a bit of shopping to do," Lily said, breaking the silence of the group of four.