Chapter 10

There were only four girls in the Gryffindor house in their year. Their 4th roommate had decided not to come back this year. With the small threat of Voldemort and her overprotective muggle parents. She hadn't come back.

Lily sat down on what would have been her bed and Marlene and Alice joined her. They sat in a loose circle on the bed.

"What is new with you and Sirius?" Lily asked Marlene.

"Nothing much," Marlene said. With a shrug and she blushed. "Honestly it is the most healthy relationship that I have been in a long time."

"We know," Alice told her.

"You just look so happy," Lily rushed to explain.

"Thanks," Marlene said, unsure of how she was supposed to take it. "What is going on with you and James?"

"James and I?" Lily asked. "Nothing."

"Not nothing," Alice corrected. "Something.

"Nothing is going on," Lily insisted.

"Hey," Marlene said. "I know my cousin and I know you, there is something going on there."

"Well," Lily said.

"Well..." Alice prompted.

"He kissed me today," Lily admitted with a smile.

"Did you like it?" Marlene asked.

"Um," Lily said. "I liked it enough to kiss him back, a second time, after he kissed me."

"No way!" Alice squealed. "Lily you have been friends with him for like 2 months and now you are kissing."

"Yeah," Lily said.

"And you wanted him to stick with his Head Boy duties, so that you guys would have some alone time," Alice said.

"Well that's not completely true," Lily said. "I wanted him to do what was best for him and I didn't tell him what to do, Remus did."

"Yeah right," Marlene said.

The girls talked late hours into the night, but Marlene had quidditch try-outs the next day and Lily and Alice wanted to watch. The girls woke up at 8:00 am so that they could get ready from tryouts. Gosh Lily hated mornings.

She unzipped the bag that she had brought with her overnight. Inside she found a white blouse, a less than knee length skirt, and a pair of red heels. The blouse was in a V down her chest and the buttons started halfway down her bra region. She felt a little self conscious about it, but it was all she had. She got dressed and applied some make up in her friend's comunail mirror. He applied a matte maroon lipstick and some dull deep eye shadow.

"Somebody's dressed up," Alice said as she came into the bathroom.

"I am not," Lily insisted.

Alice gave her a glance unconvinced. Lily walked out of the bathroom and right into Marlene. "Sorry," Lily apologized.

"Sorry," Marlene said. The girls laughed. "You are going to be a little cold, don't you think?"

Lily looked at her outfit, "It is the very beginning of the school year, it should be pretty nice out." The piered out the window and saw that it was sunny.

"See? Fine," Lily insisted.

"If you say so," Maerlene said.

Lily moved to grab her bag from the floor. Her skirt got caught on a piece of protruding wood from the nearest four poster. "Dammit," Lily said. She tried to pull her skirt free.

Marlene came over and tried to help Lily, the two girls tried to pull her free. RRRRIIIIIPPPPPP, the skirt made the sound as it ripped.

"Shit," Marlene cursed. "Sorry Lils."

Lily looked down at her skirt. "It is fine," Lily insisted. "We are witches." Lily pulled her wand out of her bag and cast a silent spell on it. The skirt mended itself seamlessly. "Perfect," Lily said, surveying her work.

"No need to brag," Alice said as she came out of the bathroom.

Lily held her wand up to her hair and her hair curled itself loosely. "That's showing off." Marlene decided. Alice nodded her agreement. Alice had put on some makeup too and a significantly more revealing outfit.

"And I'm dressed up?" Lily asked sarcastically.

"Frank is coming to see Dumbledore about an Auror recommendation and we are going to hang out," Alice said with a shrug.

"Hang out," Marlene repeated with a smirk.

"Oh shove off," Alice told her with a blush. "But I do have to meet him instead of seeing the quidditch try-outs. Maybe we will swing by after."

"After," Marlene and Lily repeated with knowing smiles.