Chapter 20

The next morning at breakfast, Lily, Alice, Marlene, Peter, and Remus were all sitting together.

"How was last night?" Marlene asked suggestively.

Lily flushed embarrassed. "Yeah," she said, "It was great."

"You swiped your V card last night?" Alice asked.

Remus snickered behind his paper, "Lily isn't a virgin."

"Really?" Peter asked.

Lily gave him a guilty smile. "No, I'm not."

"You told Remus and not me?" Alice asked hurt.

"What were we supposed to talk about during the rounds for five years?" Remus said in their defense.

"Who did you lose it to?' Alice asked, seemingly having forgotten her frustration. Marlen glanced at Lily, but Lily looked at Alice dead on.

"It was the summer before last," Lily explained. "I was 16."

"Who is it?" Alice asked engulfed.

"Somebody in my hometown," Lily said with a shrug.

"Not Severus!" Alice said worriedly.

"Of course not," Lily said. "His name was Dylan Greenfeild, nothing much really."

"Yep," Remus said. "And..."

"I have also had sex with Marlene," Lily said quickly, almost like ripping a bandage off.

Marlene let out a guilty laugh.

"You what!?" Alice asked.

"You heard them," Remus said.

"I can't believe it," Alice said in disbelief.

"Can't believe what?" James asked as he and Sirius came down to sit with their friends.

"Nothing," Marlene told them quickly.

James gave Lily a kiss and she shrunk a little bit under the intensity.

"We were just talking about Lily's virginity," Remus told them.

That made James break apart from Lily and snap his attention onto Remus. James slid down onto the bench next to Lily.

"I'm not your first, right?" James asked.

"Of course not," Lily said. "I would have at least told you."

"Okay," James said. He paused for a second, "Then let me hear it."

"She lost her virginity to some random guy in her hometown," Remus said. He didn't even look up from his paper.

"And she had sex with Marlene," Peter added, excitedly. The girls scowled at him.

James' eyes bulged, "What?"

Lily smiled sheepishly. "Yeah..."

"Marlene!" Sirius said in complete surprise. "You did what?"

"It was like last year," Marlene said in her defense.

"That is so cool!" Sirius kissed Marlene. Marlene laughed and looked relieved. "Am I better than her?" Sirius asked none to quietly.

"Do you want me to be nice or to tell you the truth?" Marlene asked.

"Honest," Sirius said suspiciously.

"You," Marlene said in an unnaturally high voice

Sirius frowned, "thanks." He contemplated it for a moment. "Is she really better?"

"You wouldn't know," Lily said defensively.

"And you will never know," James said, sternly.

"Well this doesn't seem like a conversation that I need to be listening to," Alice said. "So, I'm gonna go do some homework before Monday."

"Me too," Remus and Peter said at the same time.

All three of them got up and left towards the Gryffindor common room. Lily watched their ability to avoid awkward conversation with envy.

"You had sex with my cousin?" James asked, in astonishment.

Lily smiled guiltily, "yeah."

"You had sex with my cousin?" Marlene asked with a wiggle in her eyebrows.

"Yeah," Lily told Marlene with a smile.

"Nice," Sirius said under his breath. "19 people owe me money."

"Sirius!" James said. He hit his best friend in the chest. "Shut up."

"Does that make you uncomfortable?" Lily asked worriedly.

"Nope," Marlene said.

Lily rolled her eyes at her friend. "Not you."

"Well I'm fine with it," Sirius said unhelpfully.

Lily redirected her attention to her boyfriend. She raised her eyebrows at James. "James?"

"Is she better than me?" James asked simply. Lily leaned over to James' ear.

"You are the best I've ever had," she whispered to him. Her boyfriend's smile spread across his face.

"I know," he whispered back. He gave her a long kiss.

"Are you sure that you're okay, with that?" she asked him.

"Yes," James promised her. She gave him a big smile. Lily gave his hand a squeeze and James wrapped his arms around her and Lily leaned back into his firm chest.

That went much better than Lily thought it would.

Hi everyone. I know that I usually update a ton on the weekends, but I had  family non-emergency to take care off that took me away from the wifi yesterday. I'll update more today, thanks for the patients. WHile I'm saying thank you I got over 200 reads!!! Not on a single chapter or anything, but I am really excited. Thanks you for all the love, reads, and support. xoxo -Anne