Chapter 7

DISCLAIMER: None of these amazing characters belong to me, they all belong to JK Rowling

"Wake up!" James called.

"What?" Lily asked. She looked at her watch and saw that it was 8:00 am. "Shoot," Lily said. She slid off of her bed and grabbed a pillow. She went into her trunk to get her school clothes then she realized that he was still watching her. She threw the pillow at him with surprising accuracy. "Get out perv!" He left her room with a wink and Lily got dressed in a white blouse and grey skirt with her Gryffindor tie and her robes. She put her hair up and made it stay up with her wand. She sat on the railing and slid all the way down to the ground.

"Let's go," James said. He was leaning against the wall next to the door.

"You waited?" Lily asked.

"Of course," He said as if it was a no brainer.

"Thanks," she said. "Let's go to breakfast." They walked down into the Great Hall and Lily sat on the bench next to Marlene and James sat across from her next to Remus. "Good morning," Lily said to them.

"Morning," Remus said. Marlene nodded, because she had food in her mouth. "Happy first day of school."

"To you too," Lily said.

"Wow," Marlene said boredly.

"You two are literally the nerdiest, most boring people on the planet," James told them. He had piled food on his plate and was now shoving it in his mouth.

"What classes do you guys have today?" Lily asked them.

"Double charms," Remus, James and Marlene said at the same time.

"Yeah," Lily said. "Me too."

"I heard that we are working on patronuses," Marlene told them as though it was gossip.

"I can already do one," James and Remus said together.

"Really?" Lily asked them, surprised. She could imagine Remus practicing his charms, but James? Lily supposed that James did have some of the best grades in their year. He definitely in the top ten, after her of course.

"Yeah," James and Remus said.

"Wow," Marlene said. "You guys are totally in sync." James and Remus shrugged in sync.

Sirius walked over to them and sat next to Marlene, who gave him a quick kiss. "When are quidditch tryouts, captain?" Sirius asked James.

"Finally," Marlene said. "We are going to talk about something interesting."

"Ha ha," Lily said sarcastically. Remus rolled his eyes.

"Tryouts are going to be Saturday, tomorrow" James answered them. "But the two of you are already on the team."

"Yeah," Sirius agreed. "But you are picking the other Beater and I want to be there."

"Well you have no choice," James told them. "Every member of the team must come to the tryouts."

"Well now I don't want to," Sirius told them. Remus snorted, but otherwise nobody commented.

"Isn't it weird how school started on a Friday this year?" Marlene asked absent mindedly.

"I suppose so," Lily conceded.

"Do you people know what time it is?" Alice asked them as she and Peter walked over to their group.

"No," Lily said. "What time is it?"

"8:55," Peter told them.

"Sh*t," James cursed. "I can not be late on our first day."