Chapter 33

Lily couldn't sleep though. It may have been the five days of sleep before or the anxiety about James or maybe it was a mix of both.

In the morning Lily found that she had fallen asleep. Lily woke up to the sun shining through the windows. Moments later James burst through the door with Sirius on his shoulder.

Sirius was bleeding from a gash in his leg. "Oh my god!" Lily yelped.

Lily got up from the cot that she was laying on. She got a head rush and she couldn't see for a moment. She blinked her eyes and she regained her vision.

James looked concernedly at Lily. Lily ignored him and went into Madam Pomfrey's office. "Ma'am Sirius just came in with a large gash on his leg."

Madam Pomfrey sighed and got up from her desk. She and Lily walked back out of the back office over to James and Sirius who were trying to figure out what to do.

"Step back," Madam Pomfrey told Lily and James. They did as they were told and James looked at Lily with great concern.

"Are you okay?" he asked her.

Lily rolled her eyes. "Why does everyone keep asking me that?" Lily said.

"Because you broke 5 ribs," he told her.

Lily sighed in defeat. "I'm fine." She stood on the tips of her toes and she gave her boyfriend a kiss.

"You are bleeding," She said. She had put her hand around the back of his neck and it was warm and sticky.

"I'm fine," he told her. She pushed him down on the cot nearest them. She grabbed a towel from off of the table next to them. She mopped up the blood from the back of his neck. The wound was not bad at all. Or it was healing abnormally fast.

"Since when are you the one taking care of me?" he asked Lily.

"Since when were you taking care of me?" Lily asked him.

"Since I love you," he told her.

"I love you too," Lily told him. She kissed him on the cheek and moved his head to kiss her on the mouth.

"Are you feeling better?" Madam Pomfrey asked Lily.

"Yes," Lily promised.

"Well then I suppose that there is no harm in letting you go," Madam Pomfrey said almost regretfully.

"Thank you professor," Lily said. Not wanting to give her a chance to change her mind, Lily and James hurried out of the Hospital Wing.

"We left Sirius by himself," Lily said, realizing what they had just done.

"He'll sneak out," James said, not too concerned.

"Well that's not allowed," Lily said as they walked toward their common room.

"Right," James said. "I'm not supposed to tell you this stuff."

She shook her head disapprovingly, but he wasn't wrong. James got the door to their common room to swing open.

"Don't you have Muggle Studies now?" Lily asked, checking her watch.

"I don't care," he said.

"Yeah, but I do," Lily told him. He grabbed Lily's waist and pulled her into him. He kissed her and Lily stood strong under the pressure. "Maybe I don't care."

She ran her fingers through his hair and he lifted her onto the table.

It was around lunch and Lily realized that she had not eaten in days.