Chapter 12

Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters the amazing JK Rowling does

"We should go down to dinner," Lily said. Alice, Frank, and James nodded in agreement. The four of them walked down to the Great Hall with a very small amount of conversation. Lily and James slipped onto the bench next to Sirius and Peter. Alice and Frank slipped onto the bench across from them, next to Marlene and Remus.

"Frank!" Marlene said happily.

"Marls!" Frank gave her a hug and the conversation returned back to what it had been before.

"I hate him," Sirius said.

"Oh don't get all finicky," Marlene insisted."It isn't an issue."

"He hit on you," Sirius insisted.

"Then you punched him in the face," Marlene said in exasperation.

"Punched who?" James asked.

"Dan Spidelli," Peter informed him.

"Padfoot!" James said frustrated. "And I was having such an amazing day, then you had to go and sock my new chaser."

"He hit on my girl," Sirius insisted.

James just sighed. He covered his face with his hands. Lily felt bad for him. She rubbed his shoulder tenderly.

"Is nobody going to ask what made James' day so amazing?" Alice asked, prompting a conversation.

"I don't care," Marlene told Alice.

"Do you want the five galleons that I owe you or not?"Alice asked, frustrated that nobody was taking the hint.

Marlene just shrugged, "I always want-" She interrupted her own sentence with a gasp. "Babe," Marlene said to Sirius quickly. "What day is today?"

"Lilypad, what's today?" Sirius asked Lily.

Lily scoffed, "It's Saturday."

Marlene gasped really loudly again. Alice looked very happy and gave her an encouraging smile. "James and Lily are sleeping together," Marlene said.

Sirius, Peter, and Remus gasped. "No," Alice and Lily said quickly and simultaneously.

"Marlene," Alice said. "I said five galleons, not six."

"Oh," Marlene said. "They are dating." She sounded relieved.

"Alice!" Lily said. "Come on!"

"I'm sorry," Alice said unapologetically. "I am just so happy for you guys."

"Me too," Sirius said. He clapped James on the back, in congratulations. "It took long enough."

"That's great," Remus told his friends. Peter offered a giddy smile to them. Lily looked at James with a little smile. She scrunched her nose at him and he kissed her. Lily felt relaxed with his touch. Sirius wolf whistled and the rest of her friends clapped. That unfortunately led to the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables all watching and clapping on James and Lily as they kissed. Lily and James broke apart as the Ravenclaw table joined in and the Slytherin table gave them dirty looks.

"You shouldn't have done that," Lily told him, not feeling particularly remorseful.

"Then you shouldn't have kissed me back," he challenged.

"Actually," Lily said. "You," she pointed to all of their friends. "Shouldn't have done that. That was so embarrassing."

Sirius gave her a wink and some finger guns. "That isn't hitting on Lily?" Marlene asked, making all of them return to their previous discussion.

"It's not the same," Sirius insisted. Marlene raised her eyebrows challengingly. "Firstly, I would never hit on the girl that my best mate has finally landed after years of trying to get her. Secondly, Lily is my friend and she knows that I'm not into her like that. Third, I'm not to touch her breasts."

James' eyes widened at this, "he did what?"

"Nothing, it's fine," Marlene insisted. "I could have handled myself."

"Let me at him," James inseisted. "I'll kick his ass."

"Don't kick his ass," Marlene said. "Lily, come one back me up here."

James and Sirius looked at Lily. Lily wanted to support her boyfriend, but, "Actually Marlene is right. We get harassed sometimes, it's just part of being a girl. It's not that we can't handle ourselves," she assured her boyfriend and Sirius. "Because we can. It just happened quickly sometimes."

James placed a protective arm around Lily, "Not anymore."

Lily felt her heart melt. She moved in towards him and right before she touched his lips, she whispered "Thank you." She knew that he couldn't completely protect her, but she felt the earnesty in his voice, he wanted to protect her.

He smiled at her and whispered, "Anytime." He closed the gap between their mouths.

"Just because you two are together doesn't mean that you have to kiss every five seconds," Marlene told them.

"Like you and Sirius don't do the same," Lily retorted.

"Yeah," Marlene said. "But we expect better from you. Speaking of which can you and Remus undo this spell on us?"

"Sure," Lily said, she had forgotten about the jinx and she suddenly felt guilty about leaving it on them for so long. She pulled out her wand from her back pocket. It felt odd. James had started talking to Frank about Quidditch teams. "Hey," she tapped him on the shoulder.

He stopped mid sentence to look at her, "Whats up?"

"You have my wand," she told him.

"No, I don't," he insisted. He held up his wand and waved it in his face. She reached into his right side pocket. She felt James' breath catch for a second. She smiled a little, but rolled her eyes. She pulled her wand from his pocket.

"I told you," she said. She pulled her hair into a bun, using James' wand to secure it in place. She pointed her wand at Marlene and Sirius and she said, "Prior Incantato"

Marlene tentatively reached a hand towards Sirius. He rolled his eyes and put a hand on her face. He pulled her into a kiss. It worked flawlessly as she knew that it would. Sirius must have known this too, because he had no fear when he kissed her. 

Thank you for all of your reads they mean so much to me! Don't forget to comment and vote if you have the time! xoxo -Anne