Chapter 22

In the two months that followed nothing happened, contrary to Severus's warning. James had gotten over it and so had Lily. On a different note James had been disappearing once a month and coming back with scratches and bruises. Lily had tracked it and it had been every full moon. She was getting worried about him and about Remus.

Lily had known that Remus was a werewolf since the first year. Remus himself had confirmed this in their second year. Lily wasn't sure if James knew or not, so she kept this information to herself.

"Lily you have to," Marlene was telling her.

"He didn't invite me," Lily told her. "I can't just invite myself."

"Nonsense I am inviting you," Marlene told her.

Lily gave her best friend a hopeless look. "I haven't seen my parents in a really long time." It was true she hadn't seen them in a long time. She wasn't all that excited to see Petunia either.

"Fine," Marlene relented.

Then Lily had an idea, "Do you want to come with?"

"Me come with you?" Marlene asked.

"Well," Lily said. "I know that I'm not your boyfriend or your cousin-"

"I'm in," she promised.

"Really?" Lily asked

"Totally," her best friend said. "I mean I love them, but my god I need some time without them."

"Without who?" James asked. He had come upstairs to Lily's room where she was packing.

"Don't eavesdrop," she told him. "What if I was naked in here?" Lily asked.

"Then I got lucky," James told her. He sat next to Marlene on the bed.

"Without you and Sirius," Marlene told him.

"Where are you going?" James asked, utterly confused.

"I'm going to Lily's this Christmas," Marlene told him.

James' face looked grim and Lily felt a little guilty. "Sorry hun," Marlene said. She kissed her cousin on the cheek and slid off of her best friend's bed. "I'll see you guys later, I have to finish packing."

"Marlene," Lily said. "We have to leave in fifteen minutes."

"Yeah," Marlene agreed nonchalantly. "I'll see you guys in the train."

"You better tell Sirius cause I'm not gonna," James called after her.

"You look disappointed," Lily observed as she closed her trunk.

"I thought that we were gonna spend time together over break," He told her.

She walked over to him and put her arms around his neck. "We still can," she promised.

He pulled Lily onto his lap, so she was sitting saddled on his lap. She pushed him back and kissed him passionately. James kissed her back and put his hand under her shirt. James flipped her over, Lily pulled his shirt off. James started unbuttoning Lily's shirt and he helped her slid it off. Lily wrapped her legs around him and he picked her up. He slammed her against the wall and Lily moaned. James started kissing Lily's collar bone..

Then an alarm went off. Lily laughed and James lowered her back onto the floor. "Just our luck," he told her.

"We have to go or we'll miss the train," Lily told him, dropping her hands from around his body. He moved away from him. She bent down to look for her blouse, which had fallen on the floor. She put it back on and started buttoning it up.