Chapter 34

The next morning, when Lily woke up, she was leaning against Alice and Sirius had his head on her legs.

Lily sat up and Marlene was talking to James quietly, "I'm not sure."

"Not sure about what?" Lily asked. She was untangling herself from Sirius and she stood up from her place on the floor.

"Nothing," James said. He pulled Lily into his side and he kissed the top of her head.

"Off topic," James said. "What was your secret?"

"Nothing you haven't already heard," she lied.

Marlene looked at Lily with one eyebrow raised, But James believed her. He trusted her so much, Lily felt guilty lying about it.

"I love you," she told him.

"I love you too," he told her.

Marlene made a gagging noise. "You guys are so extra."

"You're welcome," Lily told her best friend. She got onto the tips of her toes and kissed James lightly.

Eventually all of their friends woke up. "Do you think that the professors notice that all of you aren't in your dormitories basically all weekend?" James asked his friends.

"McGonagall definitely does," Sirius told him. "I mean as long as Remus and Lily and Alice are here we quote un quote cannot get into that much trouble."

"Well I feel respected," James said.

"Says the quidditch captain who is already running late for his practice," Lily called to him from across the room.

"Shit," James cussed. "Thanks Lils!" He raced up into his room to get dressed and Marlene looked over at Lily.

"Do you have some workout clothes that I can borrow?" Marlene asked.

"Yeah," Lily said. "Just go upstairs."

Marlene nodded and within five minutes all three of the quidditch players were ready to go.

"See you later," Marlene called to them.

"Bye," they chorused.

"What did you tell James?" Lily asked Alice.

"My secret was that I knew your secret," Alice told her.

"You told him?" Lily asked.

"Of course not," Alice said. "I literally said I know Lily's secret."

"I'm gonna have to tell him right?" Lily said.

"I told you that you should from the start," Alice reminded her.

"I don't want to," Lily groaned.

After lunch Lily went back to her common room because most of her friends had gone to watch or participate in quidditch practice. She was flipping through their Charms textbook. Studying for the quiz that they were bound to have in the next week.

"Are you studying for a quiz that we don't even have?" James asked her. Lily hadn't heard him come in.

"Maybe," Lily said unashamedly.

He hoped next to her on the couch and she was pleasantly surprised to find that he had taken a shower. He gave her a kiss and Lily smiled under it.

"You aren't telling me something," James said.

"What?" Lily asked feigning cluelessness.

"You changed shampoo," he told her.

She rolled her eyes, "no I didn't."