🦈KiriBaku💥

Military au.

~Four years ago~

Kiri stared at the little white card that had come in the male for Katsuki. Kiri couldn't tear his eyes away from the official seal dread settling in the pit of his stomach. Kiri turned hoping to delay telling his boyfriend his thoughts though he didn't have a chance to ditch the envelope before feeling a pair of arms around his waist.
"Is that the mail?" Katsuki asked and Kiri turned to look at his boyfriend of 3 ½ years.

"Yea it is." The redhead had done his best to keep his voice light though he wasn't able to, and his voice cracked as he spoke. Katsuki raised an eyebrow able to tell that something was going on with the male.
"What's wrong Shitty Hair?" Katsuki asked using the old nickname he had given Kiri when they were in UA together. Instead of answering, Kiri held up the white envelope before Katsuki had grabbed it.

Tearing it open, Katsuki's eyes widened in shock before he tried to compose himself. "Hey it's ok. We'll make it through this no problem." Katsuki tried to believe what his boyfriend said though it was hard to believe what he said. Kiri sniffled a little not wanting to cry, yet it felt like he was drowning in so many emotions at once. Kiri wrapped his arms around Katsuki again burying his face in the other male's chest wanting to run and hide from everything and take Kacchan with him.
As he had his face buried in Katsuki's chest, he could smell the faint scent of cologne and the smell of caramel wreathed around him making the sadness dim slightly. Kiri tried his hardest to burn the smell into his brain along with the feeling of having Katsuki wrap his arms around him.

"You'll be gone for four years." Kiri murmured against Kacchan's chest before the smaller redhead looked at the blonde. Kiri was taken aback by the look in his boyfriend's eyes, it seemed like Kacchan was upset about the news as well. Kiri bit his bottom lip as he didn't expect to see that Katsuki was as upset as he was.
Kiri stood up on his tiptoes and kissed his boyfriend lightly starting to feel better about this situation.

~Present day~

Kiri woke up this morning way too excited to see his boyfriend again as it had been four years of them being apart and only talking over skype every so often. He had taken to wearing Katsuki's clothes though they no longer smelled like the blonde male which made Kiri a little upset about it.

His gaze went to the door hearing it open and he immediately jumped up too eager to sit down. Kiri went straight to the door before he stopped in the hallway. Something was wrong with Katsuki from how he held himself, to the fact that he was holding his duffel bag in his left hand instead of his right. A gasp fell from his lips when he noticed that Katsuki was missing his right arm from the elbow to his fingers.

Kiri chewed on his lower lip watching his boyfriend before he moved forward to wrap his arms around Katsuki wanting to try and comfort the blonde male. He heard the duffel bag drop to the floor and one arm wrap around him and it took all of his control to not start crying into Katsuki's shirt.

"I'm so glad your back babe. I missed you so much." Kiri murmured thinking of everything he could say while trying to keep from crying all over Katsuki's shirt. He looked up at the blonde male, and a pang went through his chest at seeing the ghost of a smile on his face which made his heart break a little more. Kiri pulled back a little and looked down at Katsuki's right arm and realized the rest of his shirt sleeve hung limply at the male's side.

Kiri wasn't able to hide how upset he was, a tear rolling down his face though he desperately tried to wipe it away with the heel of his palm not wanting to cry in front of Katsuki though it was becoming hard for him not to cry.

Katsuki looked at his boyfriend and wrapped his left arm around the redhead's waist pulling him close. He had to admit that it was hard to get used to using his left hand for everything when he was so used to his dominant hand being used for everything. Katsuki pressed a kiss to the top of Kiri's head trying to calm the smaller male though it would be hard since Katsuki could tell that something was wrong with the male.