🐱🐱ShinKami⚡️⚡️

Shinso was an observer. He liked to watch people. In particular he liked to watch his boyfriend.

Kaminari was an interesting person to watch after all.

He was constantly buzzing around, he wanted to be involved in everything, all the time and all at once.

He was a hummer, a gossip, an explorer. He loved to love everyone, and one of the main ways he showed it was with his gifts.

He would always find things that reminded him of his friends or peers. A little beaded bracelet that he thought Shoji would like for one of his wrists, a special cookie tin for Sato, a set of alien earrings for Mina...but recently, his favorite thing to give was rocks.

Well, not rocks, crystals.

Kaminari's sister, who loved anything to do with electrical science, had gotten into crystals and studying how different ones allowed electricity to flow through them. However, once she was finished experimenting she had no use for them.

Denki had gotten into them because they were beautiful and reminded him of his friends.

After spending a weekend at home, he would come back to campus with a small satchel full of crystals that he had spent the weekend looking up and analyzing, and he would then hand them out to his friends accordingly.

The first one had been to Tokoyami. He had turned it over in his hands a few times, then bowed to Kaminari. "I apologize Kaminari, I'm not familiar with the meaning of this crystal."

It was a pretty white, almost glowing. It looked like a big piece of salt to Shinso though. He leaned in slightly to hear the explanation for himself.

Kaminari smiled cheerfully and responded, "That's okay! It's called selenite. It's supposed to help with feeling more peaceful and calm. It also said it would help with mental clarity! I thought it may help with Dark Shadow!" Tokoyami hummed and pocketed the crystal. "Thank you Kaminari, this is exceptionally thoughtful."

Kaminari waved him off with a big grin then turned on his heel and was on his way.

The next crystal was given to Todoroki, it was a pretty light pink color. Kaminari had called it rose quartz and Shinso couldn't help thinking how suiting the name was.

Todoroki didn't quite grasp the idea of crystals, but when Kaminari had mentioned that he read it helped to promote self love and acceptance, Todoroki had smiled a small smile and held it close to his chest, thanking Kaminari and quietly walking away staring at the small stone in wonder.

Shinso had been sitting at his desk waiting for class to start when he heard Midoriya talking to Tsu about the blue crystal in his hand. He said it was blue calcite, and Kaminari had said that it would help to alleviate emotional stress and nervousness, and that it helped to reduce fear. When he started to mumble about the research he had done on the stone personally, Shinso just turned back in his seat to wait for the bell.

It continued for weeks, it seemed like everyone had been gifted at least one since this had begun. There were amethyst, and opal, citrine, and lapis lazuli. There were even some that changed color depending on the lighting.

The only person yet to receive a stone, was Shinso himself. He just figured Kaminari hadn't come across one that made him think of his boyfriend yet, considering that's how his gifting usually worked.

After a month had passed of Kaminari and his crystal gifting, it was in the back of Shinso's mind at this point, he was working to clean up his room when he noticed something on his desk though.

It was a pink crystal, similar to the one gifted to Todoroki, but just a little different. This one seemed more opaque.

He pocketed the crystal and decided he would ask Kaminari about it, maybe this was his gifted stone and Kami had just forgotten to tell him.

While he was making his bed, he noticed another crystal tucked underneath his pillow, a purple one....amethyst he thought.

Was this one his too? He got curious, wondering how many he had missed, and started to actually look for them.

There was a shiny white one next to the faucet on the bathroom sink, a pearl maybe?

A pretty green one, the color of grass tucked into the pocket of his favorite hoodie.

A brown one with orange looking markings through it, a tiger's eye he remembered, sitting on top of his radio.

How had he missed all these? How long had they been there? What was their meaning?

A quick google search told him he had been right about the names he had guessed, for the others he hadn't recognized, the pink one was called pink quartz, the green one was malachite.

Each one was unique and beautiful, but the meanings repeated over and over.

Love. Happiness. Healing. Communication.

Kaminari, without even telling Shinso, had been surrounding him in shrouds of love and protection. Just like he had been doing since their friendship started. Just like he did now in their relationship.

He hadn't felt the need to point it out and make it a gift like everyone else's. It was silent, and big.

So surrounding, without making a sound.

Shinso grabbed his wallet and his phone, opening his maps app and typing in the closest crystal store.

He needed to find a crystal that symbolized sunshine