❄️🔥TodoKami⚡️⚡️

Sparky⚡️: hey todoroki ! it's short notice but do you think i could like. crash at your place? for like an hour or something until the storm lets up ? it's just my place is across town and its heckin cold my hero costume wasnt built for this even with winter mods and if i remember you're rlly close

Icyhot ❄️🔥: Sure. I don't mind. The door'll be unlocked so no need to knock.

[address]

Sparky⚡️: tysm !! youre a lifesaver(⌒▽⌒ゞ

Denki clicked off his phone with a frozen and numb finger, sliding it into his jacket's inside pocket. With the directions being told to him through his earbuds, Denki began jogging to the location, arriving in only minutes. His guess on Shouto living close thankfully correct. There was a little pang of anxiety that hit when he put his hand on the apartment's door handle, feeling like he was intruding just walking in even knowing he was told he could just walk in. Quite literally shaking off the feeling with a one last violent cold shiver, he opened the door.

"I thought you said you did modifications to your costume. It looks the exact same." Shouto's voice hit his ears right when the door quietly clicked shut, startling the blond.

"I did! It's lined! Electrical energy can be converted to thermal and I usually keep myself warm that way but it's so cold right now it's not working."

Shouto hummed. "Sure. Here, this'll be warmer than your 'lined' jacket." He chucked a sweatshirt at Denki's head.

"Harsh words. I'm wounded." He put a hand over his chest, feigning physical pain. "Where'd you learn to talk in such a manner, Todo? Bakugou?"

"Now those are harsh words. I can't believe you'd compare me to that gremlin."

Denki laughed loudly. "If he heard you say that he'd kill you." He switched his freezing cold jacket for Shouto's. It was incredibly warm; not to mention smelled nice.

"You look so small wearing that. It's huge on you," Shouto commented, chuckling.

"Hey! It's not my fault you're way bigger than me! Blame genetics."

"Are you sure you're not just saying that to cover up the fact your quirk has fried every cell in your body so many times it stunted your growth?"

"You know what—" Denki tried to come up with a viable insult and be even the smallest bit mad at the relentless teasing that seemed to come to Shouto more easily than breathing. But as hard as he tried, he couldn't help the smile on his face for the duration of the entire exchange.

"Okay, whatever. Would you like some tea?"

"If it wouldn't be too much of a hassle, sure! I don't want to burden you anymore."

"I haven't thought of you as a burden even once. Any flavour preferences?"

Denki shook his head, thanking him. He followed behind like into the kitchen, parking himself on one of the barstools.

The pair shared mindless banter as the water in the kettle slowly boiled, mainly sharing funny work stories. When the tea was put into mugs, they somehow drifted from the kitchen into Shouto's lounge and onto his couch. Denki was propped up against the other's cosy left side, completely invested in a story he was telling. Simultaneously, Shouto listened actively, whilst attempting to suppress the weird jumbly feeling in the pit of his stomach.

"Oh shit, it's getting late," Denki interrupted himself in the middle of a sentence, due to the wall clock catching his eye.

"Wow I didn't think you could actually read those clocks," Shouto joked, smiling to himself, happy he could come up with that quick enough.

"Ya know what? I'm not gonna stand for this onslaught of bullying!"

"Good thing you're sitting, then."

"I—" Denki stopped himself, yet again incapable of coming up with a comeback, settling for a loud and exaggerated sigh instead.

Shouto sent a teasing smile, happy with his second victory of the night.

"Anyways—I should probably go. Don't wanna overstay my welcome." Shouto nodded, once again trying to ignore the feeling in his stomach.

Right as Denki got up and within ten feet of the door, both their phones went off, an obnoxious alarm ringing. Denki was the first to check what the beeping was about. It was an amber alert saying the roads were too icy, the wind was too harsh and the snow was falling too heavily for people to safely be outside.

"Guess fate says I stay longer," Denki jokes, chuckling a little. "Sorry man, I can try 'n' get home if I'm too annoying."

"You're fine, Kaminari, we've been through this. Plus having company is nice, it's usually really quiet."

"A genuine sorta compliment? Is the world ending out there?" Denki walked over to the window, moving the shutters out of the way to peak through.

"Am I not allowed to be pleasant?"

"It's not that. You're just mean."

Shouto's lips quirked into a grin briefly.

"Does this mean I get to lay on you again? You're so warm, dude."

Shouto just rolled his eyes and patted the space of which Denki previously sat. A "hell yeah" smile crossed Denki's face as he skipped back over to the couch, flopping no-so-gracefully onto the cushion. A small sigh escaped through his nose when his body collided with Shouto's the heat radiating off the dual-coloured 100x better than the cold air that filled the rest of the space.

Hours passed. More than how long it took for the gross storm to pass and calm down to a light snowfall, and eventually, a complete stop. And yet, there Denki and Shouto sat. Denki ended up falling asleep, curled into a little ball without realizing. Shouto was close to following suit, but the small discharges from the unconscious boy resting against him kept him awake and semi-alert.

To pass the time, Shouto scrolled through Facebook, using Denki as a makeshift changer whenever his broken phone battery got too low. Somehow, after maybe an hour, Shouto had gotten used to the small zaps and fell asleep as well.

Denki barely woke up for a second after the other dozed off, not even realizing it was Shouto as he wrapped his arms around his waist, burying his face in his chest, quickly falling back asleep.

Most people when they wake up in the position the pair did, would awkwardly separate and the one staying over would leave. But them? Nope. Denki just hugged him tighter and Shouto commented on how cute the blond looked when he slept. Despite them both being wide awake, they stayed cuddled together, enjoying the touch and comfort. Shouto eventually wrapped his left arm around Denki's waist, resting his head on the other's, letting out a content sigh.

"Sorry if I zapped you in my sleep. I can't really control my quirk then."

"It was fine. I got used to it. Not having to sleep alone was worth it."

Denki flushed red, tightening his grip and burying his face further into Shouto's chest, quickly becoming very bashful from the offhanded compliment.

"Maybe I should come over more often then," Denki suggested, regaining his composure.

"Maybe you should."