❄️🔥TodoKami⚡️⚡️

"Hey, Todoroki!" Kaminari said with a big smile, waving from across the classroom.

"Good morning, Kaminari."

He made his way over to the boy's desk, leaning over on it as he gave Todoroki a wink. "So, is it hot in here or is it just you?"

Todoroki blinked at him, then frowned. "I didn't realize I was using my quirk, I apologize. I'll keep an eye on it from now on."

"Wait that's not – " Kaminari squeaked as the classroom door slammed open. he scurried to his seat, not wanting another detention with Aizawa anytime soon.

The next chance he got to interact with Todoroki properly was at lunch and, of course, another cheesy pick-up line came along for the ride. His eyes lit up when he saw the red and white hair through the crowd, dragging Jirou with him, giving her the cryptic explanation of "moral support!" She huffed, but allowed herself to be dragged across the cafeteria.

"Hey Todoroki!" Kaminari panted, trying to catch his breath.

"Hello?" Todoroki quirked his eyebrow, pulling away from the conversation Uraraka and Midoriya were engaged in.

"Did you do something different with your outfit today? Because you look good enough to eat." Kaminari said, pulling out the ol' finger guns for added effect.

Todoroki cocked his head, looking confused.

"Shoot, lemme try again, um," he snatched the utensils from Jirou's tray, ignoring her grumble of protest "it's too early to fork, so d'ya wanna spoon?"

"Ah, I have chopsticks, but thank you for the offer."

Kaminari deflated, squawking in surprise when Jirou started dragging him away. "Hold up – "

"Denki I'm hungry and your gay is showing. Let's fucking eat." she deadpanned, sitting him down at a table.

"What's wrong with my gay showing?" he whined, looking back over to see Todoroki sitting with Midoriya, Uraraka, and Iida, seemingly enjoying himself. "...god I wish that were me..." he mumbled, half-joking.

"It's only a problem when it gets in the way of me going about my day."

"You're no fun!"

"Y'want some cheese for that whine of yours?"

"Shut uuuup!"

Finally, another opportunity to try and woo his crush, Kaminari thought to himself. There were few people in the common room, Todoroki was in the corner with a book (studying? just reading? he wasn't entirely sure), looking cute as ever curled up under a blanket.

For a moment Kaminari considered leaving him be, he looked so peaceful. But...

"Hey 'roki!"

"Mm?"

"I was thinkin', we should put up a cork board or something in here to share the great memories of the year!" Kaminari said excitedly, taking out his phone. "To start it off, you wanna take a Shoto together?"

That got Todoroki to look up, albeit the confused expression Kaminari had seen at least four other times that day. "A...me?"

"Like...a photo, but with you in it!"

"Oh...oh!" Todoroki's eyes widened in understanding.

He nodded, setting his book down while Kaminari got into position next to him on the couch, holding up a peace sign and making a goofy face while Todoroki opted for a small smile. Kaminari pretended to look the pictures over critically, making "hmm" noised.

"Is something the matter?"

"Yeah...they turned out kinda bright...guess it's because you're absolutely glowing right now." Kaminari winked, deciding to leave the finger guns out of it for now. They hadn't worked out so well the last time, anyway.

"Oh...I tend to run pale this time of year, we could try another?"

Come the next day, Kaminari was determined. Not that he hadn't been before, but now he was READY to ask this boy out. This incredibly hot, wickedly talented, dense idiot. He'd hounded Midoriya for information on what Todoroki liked doing on his weekends, and had gotten a confused stuttered response of "the library?" He'd left before the boy could ask him anything, dashing off at fast as possible and still be considered walking. He had a good one, he could do this.

He kept trying to pump himself up in front of the doors to the library, only succeeding in making himself more nervous. Fuck it, might as well do it now. He steeled himself, kicking open the doors. Heads turned towards him, looks of surprise and annoyance coming from students and faculty. Right, library, Calm, quiet library. Fuck.

He bent his head down, murmuring a meek "sorry..." and taking off down the rows and rows of books. Todoroki couldn't be too hard to find, right? As it turned out, yeah he was pretty easy to find, just sort of...sitting there. Reading a textbook.

Kaminari scratched his head, thinking. He'd honestly thought he'd get more time to prepare while looking for the guy, and now that he'd found him he felt the anxiety from before come trickling back in. He took a deep breath, reaching out a hand to tap Todoroki's shoulder.

"Todoroki?" he whispered, sitting down in the hard library chair next to him. Todoroki looked up, giving him a soft smile when he saw who it was.

"Hello, Kaminari." he whispered back, tapping his notebook "Have you come to study?"

"Not really, um, can I ask you something?" at his nod, Kaminari took a deep breath and continued. "Are...are you a library book? Because I'd love to take you out."

He'd expected just about anything other than what Todoroki did as way of reply. The dual-toned boy's eyes sparkled, his smile twitching wider.

"Does the Pope shit in the woods?"

Kaminari burst out laughing, saying quiet sorry's to the librarian who came over to shush them. Todoroki was letting out little giggles himself, and damn if they wasn't the cutest things Kaminari had heard all week.

"Where," Kaminari gasped, trying to keep his voice low "the fuck did you hear that?!"

"I heard Bakugo say it once, after Kirishima said something similar to you. I think it was 'Are you garbage? I'd take you out,' or something like that. I still don't know what it means, but it seems like a way to say 'yes'?"

Kaminari bit his lips to keep from disturbing the whole library again, instead letting his head fall against Todoroki's arm to muffle his laughs. He nodded, wiping the tears from his eyes after a moment. "You could say that, yeah. Please never look up what it means, I want you to keep saying that forever."

"Okay?"