🗿🗿KiriDeku🥦🥦

"Will you marry me?"

Those four words ringed throughout Midoriya's mind, sending a shiver down his spine and causing his body to tremble. Butterflies caused a storm inside his stomach, twisting and turning and buzzing with complete and utter disbelief. His chest pounded so hard it hurt, and his breath began to race, quickly, like the rising rhythm of an upbeat song. Midoriya's sea-green irises widened and he clamped a hand over his mouth, his eyes locking onto the sight in front of him, almost not believing what he saw.

Kirishima was down on one knee, his hands gently grasping an open box. His face beamed happily, sitting in a soft smile as he looked at his boyfriend through tear-ridden carmine eyes. Kirishima's smile revealed a row of shark-teeth as he flashed the same smile that won Deku's heart in the first place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Midoriya remembered how he'd fallen for him. It had started with small glances, with small phrases of encouragement. It had started with the smallest seed that grew into something beautiful, with the tiniest possible chance of anything more. Kirishima was surrounded by Bakugou and people who looked up to him and loved him so much. And they had every reason too. Kirishima was everything he wanted to be, strong, confident, unafraid. He rushed into battle as if he was born to fight. And when he did fight, it was beautiful. Amazing.

The first time Deku had seen him fight seemed like yesterday. Midoriya had been sitting near the back of the audience area alongside Iida. Midoriya's eyes scanned the battleground before him. His heart sank. Midoriya felt bad for Kirishima. As if he was about to watch his classmate be beaten to a pulp by Bakugou. And he really didn't want to see that.

Kirishima stepped foot onto the ground, his eyes ablaze. He was visibly fired up, hungry for battle as if he had been starved his entire life and fighting was the way to break through. Adrenaline soared through his veins as Kirishima grinned, and Midoriya swore he felt his heart jump. How could he smile at a time like this?! How could he possibly smile going against Bakugou of all people?! Midoriya admired him, admired the bravery and his urge run to the challenge instead of shying away.

Bakugou looked furious, palms open and crackling and looking at Kirishima as if he was fresh prey. His eyebrows were furrowed and his mouth was stretched into a deadly grin, and Midoriya recognized that face more than ever and it sent fear coursing through Midoriya's veins. He remembered that grin. He knew it all too well. But yet again, Kirishima smiled. "Bring it on, Blasty!" He yelled, and Midoriya truly marveled at how strong Kirishima was, not only physically but mentally.

Kirishima's body moved so fast that Midoriya's eyes couldn't even follow it at first. Within a second he hardened his fist and began making clear, sharp hits towards Bakugou's body, aiming at areas that Midoriya knew would be painful if they collided. But that wasn't what amazed Midoriya. It was his eyes. They came to life, wide, hungry and smiling, light racing across them, filling his pupils with the pure burning passion he felt when fighting. Kirishima's grin stayed apparent, and his heartbeat mimicked the sound of a drum, a heavy drum that boomed throughout the area with shocks of sound. One after the other, he threw more punches and Midoriya watched as Kirishima's body became submerged in the fire he created when fire. A burning, raging fire that spread to everyone in the audience, and set aflame to Midoriya's heart.

He dropped his notebook.

After the fight, Midoriya was still in the same shock. The way he fought, how utterly fearless and powerful he was! It was so amazing, it was incredible, it was-. There wasn't even a word to describe it. Midoriya so badly wanted to go up to him and just ask, "Please, teach me how to get that fire!" but every time he reached out, Midoriya ended up pulling away.