Chapter 19

Third person's POV

Jungkook stood frozen, not expecting the sudden question coming out from Taehyung's mouth.

"Don't try to ignore what I asked. Just answer me Jungkook, I don't want to be confused with your behavior anymore." Taehyung said. "I don't know if you're just being nice to me because I'm a part of your past or is it because I'm the son of your Father's mate.. or is it because of something else."

Taehyung released a deep sighed. "The reason why you tried marking me on your birthday... It's because I'm your mate, aren't I?" He asked.

Jungkook blinked multiple times. He did over react many times but he didn't thought Taehyung would know so early.

"I-i think you're over thinking--"

"The answer is only between yes and no, Jungkook. Don't make things hard." Taehyung said cutting his sentence.

Jungkook avoided his gaze, fingers fidgeting due to nervousness.

"Jungkook--" Taehyung wasn't able to finish when the restroom door opened and Eunwoo came in. They both turned their head toward him.

Eunwoo gave a concern glance to Jungkook before looking at Taehyung.

"I heard something happened at the booth.. I just want to check on you to make sure you're alright." Eunwoo said, walking towards them.. standing beside Taehyung.

"Nothing happened, don't worry." Taehyung said and turned his gaze back to Jungkook. "Answer me Jungkook." He said sternly.

Jungkook released a deep breath he didn't he was holding. "If I tell you yes.. Are you going to reject me?" He finally said.

Taehyung expected it but was still taken back at the answer.

"Are you sure you're not mistaken?" Taehyung asked, just wanting to make sure.

Jungkook shook his head slightly. "I'm not mistaken... You can ask Eunwoo if you don't believe me."

Taehyung turned to Eunwoo. "You knew?" He asked, a bit offended that Eunwoo didn't tell him anything.

"Taehyung I can't just tell you.. I don't want to interfere in between you two" Eunwoo answered.

"Why can't you just tell me in the first place?" Taehyung asked, voice a bit higher. Now facing Jungkook.

Jungkook avoided his gaze. "I... I was scared that you would reject me after what I had done to you. I didn't want to tell you until things between us is cool--"

"And you really think I would reject you just because of that?! I waited for you to come into my life and hoped that you would protect me and you would be the first person to believe me and trust me when things are hard. I don't care if you bullied me before because I would know you would change after knowing that I'm your mate." Taehyung said, getting a bit emotional because of an unknown reason.

"But even after you knew... Nothing changed in you. You even insulted me as a slut for talking to Eunwoo, You think I'm a shallow person who would reject you because of a childish reason, and you won't even trust me for the little things I do. Bullying me won't be the reason I would reject you, all your thoughts of me will." Taehyung said, glaring for the last time at Jungkook before shoving Eunwoo out of his way and went to the door.

Jungkook tried following him but Eunwoo stopped him.

"Taehyung don't please!" He said as Taehyung disappeared out of his sight.

"I'll talk to him Jungkook.. he needs time. Just give him a little time to think." Jimin said, suddenly peaking at the door. Probably eavesdropping and heard all their conversation.