Chapter 27

Jayda

Amir's cries echoed the empty hall. "I'm coming stink ", I winced and I was trying to push myself forward.  The pain from the wounds were almost too much for me to move.

The closer I got to his cries, the darker everything looked. He was wailing by this point.

Hearing him was what gave me the strength to keep going. I had to save my son. Bleeding out onto the floor , I managed to push open the door I heard him behind.

Only to be met by a tall dark figure standing in front of me.

"W-where's my son". I struggled to speak.

I looked past him . Only to see Amir sprawled out onto the floor, lifeless. My heart stopped , as I fell to my knees. Pulling him into my arms.

I managed to scream with the little strength I had. Holding my baby as I felt my eyes get heavier and heavier. As the silhouette of the man spoke in a voice that was all too familiar.

"You can't escape me".

I jolted awake. My heart was pounding in my chest as I looked around frantically. My eyes weren't even settled yet. I managed to calm down a bit after feeling a tight squeeze on my exposed leg.  It was Amir, sound asleep.

I gave a sigh of relief and pulled him up to my chest. I held him a little longer before laying him on his back and moving away the covers.

He got really hot at night. I got up and turned my room light on. "Another day", I said to myself. I checked my phone.

7:30
Wednesday, October 9

I sighed . Constantly checking off the days won't make it go any faster. Besides what would Blue want with me when he got out. He made it clear, he wanted nothing to do with me.

But he has a son.  He's a whole 1 year old now.

I looked back at Amir and smiled. The best kid anyone could ever ask for. I was blessed with this boy.

I took a quick shower and packed a few snacks  for Amir. I put them in my purse along with a toy, his pacifier, ear plugs and a few essentials for myself. I made him a small waffle and some strawberries. He's a picky eater seriously.

After making sure our suitcase was packed I went to change and feed Amir.

......

We boarded the plane, it wasn't packed at all. I smiled to myself , seeing all the empty spaces. We sat down, he had his own seat but he tried his hardest to sit on my lap. I pulled out the table , placed his tablet on there with some goldfish crackers.

He ate quietly while watching Cocomelon.

......

Heading to baggage claim, I was excited to see Dion and Phylicia.  I know Amir was too. He missed his granddaddy and GG (great- grandma). The kids are the only ones who call her GG. While Blue, Lucas,Bully and I call her Granny. Everyone else calls her Nana.

"Mouse, Boogs", I heard a call. We looked further ahead and there they were. Amir noticed fast because he took the fuck off. His little waddle was so cute

He ran right into his granddad's arms as I hugged Granny

"Poppy, GG", Amir giggled . They kissed him all over before Dion attacked me with a bear hug. I smiled warmly.