Chapter 26

Sunday June 4

Dess

"You finally woke up", CJ chuckled as I slugged my way into the kitchen.

"Ughh who the hell even bought Bacardi 151", I said rubbing my temples. He laughed. "You know Nana be going crazy with the liquor".

Man he wasn't lying. Blue granny took that shit straight to the head and wasn't phased once. I tried to show out and ending up passing out on the bathroom floor. "Go get dressed", he said handing me an aspirin and water. I raised a brow. "Why". I took the aspirin, waiting for him to answer

"My folks coming over so we can go out to eat. Ma really wanna get to know you".

I felt a lump in my throat as I instantly remembered what I have to tell him. "Uhm....can we talk real quick",I asked.

"Go get dressed first baby. You know you take all day", he said before kissing my cheek. I smiled and rushed my ass upstairs. I need to get dressed fast because this conversation needed to happen before his people got here.

"I just hope he doesn't leave me", I said to myself as I got undressed.

........

CJ

I looked at the time on my phone

I looked at the time on my phone. 2:45. I shook my head and laughed. I knew she was gon take forever. I was scrolling through Twitter, just waiting on her and my parents to pull up.

"I can't believe you Chauncey.", my mom yelled while walking in. "Honey it's not like that", he said trailing behind her. I raised a brow. Didn't I lock the fucking door?

They stood in front of me arguing. My mom's high voice was damn near ear splitting so I stood in between them. "Calm down. What y'all arguing fa", I said giving them a stank face.

I got a good look at my mom. She was crying. "32 years of my life. Wasted", she said with her head down. "How could you cheat on me". She looked back at him.

My jaw dropped. "Hold on", I turned to my dad. "You cheated on moms", I mugged him. He sighed. "I didn't cheat".

"LIAR", she screamed. "Y- you even call her.... bunny", she said putting her head into her hands. She cried some more and I wrapped my arms around her.

I rubbed her back tried to console her. I looked at my dad with the most disgusted face I could muster.

"You deadass".

He looked at me crazy. "Son I-"

"You deadass", I repeated while raising my voice slightly.