Chapter 73

Omniscient

CJ stared at Taina in the hospital bed. He held her hand giving a silent prayer for her and their son. "You gon be okay. I just know you are", he whispered.

"Mr.Wright?". He turned to the doctor walking in. "Yeah. Is she okay? What's going on? How's the baby?". He didn't mean to annoy the doctor, but he was anxious.

The doctor chuckled. "Relax Mr. Wright. She's and the baby are fine. But....", he trailed while looking at his clipboard.

"We ran some blood tests and looked at her record..... this isn't the first time this has happened to her and we can see why".

Cj furrowed his eyebrows confused. "Taina has Heart Arrhythmia.". Cj tilted his head , not even knowing what that was.

"It's improper beating of the heart. Its occurs when electrical impulses in the heart don't work properly. And since she is pregnant , it can get worse.".

CJ looked at her with sadness in his eyes. "D-does she know she has that?"

The doctor sighed. "Well it says she's been treated for it before. Some time back when she was 16", he said reading the chart. CJ sighed. "So if she has this baby...could she die?".

The doctor placed his hand on CJ's shoulder. " It is a possibility. But....we can do a lot to help prevent this", he added.

CJ nodded. "Okay." The doctor walked out.

That's all he could say. He went and sat next to Taina. "Heart arrhythmia? Why didn't you tell me? I don't want you to die T. I don't wanna lose you. Or my son".

His eyes watered at the thought of losing either of them. "Y'all are my family."

Taina continued to sleep as everyone arrived. "What happened? Is she okay? Is the baby okay?, Jayda asked rushing to hug CJ. He sighed. "Their both fine...but, s-she", he started before he broke down.

"She's a high risk pregnancy. She has a heart condition".

Everyone looked at him in shock. Ella covered her mouth silently crying. "Does she know she has it?". CJ nodded as he wiped his eyes. "I'm not losing her . I..I can't. I can't lose either of them".

Blue patted his back as they sat down in the chairs. "They gon survive this bro. We just gotta be cautious. And she probably can't do much from now on. We don't want her overworked".

CJ thought back on how they even got in this situation. "I spazzed on her today, like a fucking goofy".

He felt awful about this entire situation. He let his emotions get the best of him and it almost cost him his family.

Everyone continued to console CJ as they waited for Taina to wake up. The doctor allowed 3 at a time to go in so they took turns.

.....

Hours had gone by as Taina still slept. "Yall should go. It's getting late.", CJ said standing up. Of course no one wanted to , but the doctor was already on his way to let them know.

Jayda, Dess and Ella all kissed Taina's forehead and rubbed her belly. "You hang in there mama", Jayda whispered. After hugging CJ, everyone soon left.

____

"Is everything okay?", Reggie asked as Dess walked into the house. She nodded. "It's a lot going on but she's gonna be fine".