Obstacles

After Jack dropped the bomb on them, everyone seemed to fuss over Jack more and more. Lately Jack was fed up with the constant pestering, not able to have a chance to himself. He was even getting snippy with Pitch who was having none of Jack's attitude.

"Eat it, Jack. I won't tell you again." Pitch says, shoving the bowl of mixed Vegetable and meat soup.

Jack shoved it back to him. "I don't want vegetables. I want Mac n' cheese with Chocolate and peanut butter sauce." He snapped, folding his arms angrily over the huge belly bump.

Pitch sighed, rubbing both of his eyes with his thumb and index finger. "This soup has all the nutrients you and the kids need. I won't ask you again. You need to eat at least one of these a day. For dinner if you eat this, I will make you Mac n cheese with melted peanut butter and chocolate." Pitch says, giving in.

Jack smiled triumphantly, snatching the bowl of soup from Pitch and slurping it down faster than Pitch could speak. Once it was gone, Jack put the bowl on the dresser and leaned back against the mountain of mis matched pillows and sheets, staring at the cieling.

"Was all that just to get me to agree to your craving?" Pitch asked.

Jack allowed his head to lazily drop to the side, his eyes meeting Pitch's as he smiled wide. "It worked."

Pitch sighed. "You are so lucky I love you." He said, grabbing both of Jack's hands and clutching them close. Jack smiled wide.

"I love you too." A knock on the door startled both of them as Pitch allowed Jack's hands to drop back on the bed. Pitch stood up, walking over to the door. Opening it, Tooth came into veiw.

"Do you need anything?" She asked.

Jack got irritated at that question, enough so that he shot up a little too fast. Pitch realized immediately that Jack's face went green. He grabbed the bucket and brought it to Jack's face just as he emptied the meal he just ate into it. This has been happening a lot lately. He was finding it hard to keep meals down during lunch. Dinner was fine, but something about lunchtime didn't agree with him. Just another obstacle to face.

Pitch rubbed soothing circles on his back, allowing Jack to finish throwing up, tears streaking his cheeks as he finished. Confident nothing else was coming up, Jack leaned back against the bed as Pitch put the bucket down, bringing a rag up to wipe Jack's mouth gently.

"I haven't been that nauseas since the first week I found out I was pregnant." Jack mumbled, putting his cold palm on his 2 degrees warmer forehead.

"Considering you are getting closer to your due date, I would expect you to be feeling like this." Tooth says.

Jack sighed. "Im okay, Tooth. Thank you."

She nodded, before leaving the room, allowing them to be alone. Jack looked down at Pitchs hand, taking in the ring. A sudden overwhelming urge took over and he started sobbing. Pitch immediately jumped into action, scooting closer to Jack, he grabbed the boys chin.

"Whats the matter, Love?" He asked in a low voice.

Jack took in a stuttering breath, wiping the tears. "Im just... I... I miss our home." He continued to cry. "I miss the lake. I miss it just being us. I app-appreciate all the guardians are- are doing but I want to be back home." He burried his head into Pitches shirt, allowing the sobs to wrack his body.

Pitch wrapped his arms around Jack, holding him closely as Jack sobs. "Shh, it's okay, Snowflake. We have about a little over a month left. Then we will be back in our own bed, with our own children running around." He pulled back, grabbing Jack's face in his hand. "Homesickness is one of the many obstacles we will face. But in the end it will be worth it." He kissed Jack, who's crying slowly subsided. Pulling away, Jack wrapped his arms around Pitch, resting his ear on Pitch's heart.

They remained that way until soft snores alerted Pitch. Jack had fallen asleep. Carefully, Pitch lied Jack down on his pillow castle and tucked him in. Jack snored loudly, every once in a while he would make a face of discomfort, most likely the babies making a fuss in his stomach.

Pitch got up from the bed and made his way out into the hall, keeping the door cracked. He spotted North and Tooth talking in the main room. He made his way over, awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

Stepping into the light, both of them turned to face him. "He fell asleep." Pitch says, allowing his hand to drop to his side.

North nodded. "He must be tired." North looked Pitch over. "You look tired as well."

Pitch chuckled. "Yeah. Jack has been quite the fussy handful lately." He says.

North laughed. "That vould be just like him! Why not get rest while Jack sleeps?" North asked.

Pitch rubbed at his eyes with the back of his palm, yawning. "I will. I just need to go back to the house. I need to grab someone that will make his homesickness more bearable. Can you keep an eye on him for me while I'm gone? I shouldn't be long." He asks.

North and Tooth nodded, understanding. Pitch thanked them and went back to the room, giving Jack a kiss on the forehead before using his sand. He appeared in front of their house, smiling sadly at it. Seeing it so sad and dark now made him understand why Jack was making a fuss about being home. He walked into the house, immediately hearing what he was looking for.

Onix came running down the stairs, much bigger than he last saw her. She practically knocked Pitch to the ground, shaking her butt like a dog. She whined happily nuzzling him in the chest. Pitch smiled.

"Well, someone misses me. You want to go say hi to your dad?" Pitch asked.

Onix nodded, jumping off of Pitch. Pitch stood up, fixing his shirt. He took in the quiet house, sighing sadly, before wrapping his hand around Onix. They both materialized in the room where Jack was still sleeping. Onix was about to jump on him, but Pitch stopped her.

"Gently, Onix. Gently." She nodded in understanding, walking over to Jack and nuzzling him with her nose.

Jack's eyes fluttered open, scanning the room. When his eyes landed on Onix, they grew wide with happiness. "ONIX!" He shouted, rushing to pet her happily.

"You said you were homesick so I brought a little something from home to keep you company." Pitch says, walking over to sit on the bed.

Jack smiled, tears starting to come down again. He reached over, grabbing a hold of Pitch's hand, squeezing tighter. "Thank you. This is more than I needed. I love you." He says, turning his attention back to Onix who was hopping around like an over excited puppy. Pitch could tell bringing Onix was a good choice. Jack was happy and the color on Jack's face returned.

They sat in bed all day, Onix's head was now resting on top of Jack's baby bump with Pitch and Jack snuggled away on the other side of the bed. It was a peaceful night, and Pitch couldnt ask for a perfect partner.

A/N: ooh! Another update?! Yes sir and/or ma'am! The next chapter is going to be the one you have all wanted. The big surprise. The big moment. The question. *-* I hope I keep you on the edge of your seat!