Fifth Memory: Christmas

It was Christmas morning and Emma was up first, filled with energy. Jack was awoken by a knock at the door. He groggily got out of bed and answered the door. Pitch was there with a giant smile and three presents in his hand.

"It's early in the morning." Jack complained.

"But its Christmas!" Pitch said.

"But... Its early in the morning." Jack said once again.

"That's okay, I'm up too." They both looked up to see Jack's mom smiling down at them from the ledge of the house. Jack grunted and turned into the house. Pitch invited himself in as Jack's mom crawled down the ladder and tried to calm the eight years old child. They all surrounded the tree that was by the fire. It was decorated beautifully and the fire created light, making it become bright. Emma reached for the first one, tearing the leaves wrapping paper off of them. The first one was a new set of charcoal pencils.

"Yes! Mommy now I can start arting!" She exclaimed.

Jack chuckled and looked at Pitch through his eyelashes. Pitch caught his glance and smirked. He grabbed his, holding off the grubby little girl from grabbing more. "Here, I got you guys some stuff too. Merry Christmas and Happy birthday Jack." He said.

Jack chuckled and grabbed the present from his hands. It was heavy so Jacks heart raced. He placed it on his lap and went to open it. He opened the box lid and looked inside it to see a pair of brown skates. Jack gasped and smiled up at him.

"Mommy! Mommy! I got skates!" Emma shouted.

"Ha-ha, so did I, what about you Jack?" She asked.

"I got skates as well! Oh mom! After we are done can we go skating?!" Jack asked.

Their mom rolled her eyes and nodded. "Oh alright. But after breakfast you crazy kids." She said. They opened up the rest of the presents. Jack got a new brown cloak and sketchbook made of really weird and rough paper. Emma got a whole new wardrobe and soem new skates. It was cute. They all chilled around the fire as their mom made some soup for the morning.

"Tis is nice." North explained, smiling at the happy family. He glanced back and saw that Jack had stepped back a good five feet from them.

"I think I like human Jack better. He's less of an asshat." Bunny teased.

"Hey! I'm not that much of an asshat right now!" Jack complained.

Bunny rolled his eyes. "Whatever. You so are, you bloody show pony!" He argued.

Jack was about to argue, but Tooth shushed them. "Shut up, its starting up again."

Jack knew what was coming and he couldn't watch it. While everyone was looking at the screen, Jack sat down and brought his knees to his chest, covering his ears up.

"So what are you guys hoping for next year?" Mrs. Overland asked, taking a spoonful of soup into her mouth.

"Well I hope to be moving on the higher education." Jack said.

"I'm hoping to follow your son." Kozmotis said.

"That's going to be fun. Your dad would have been so proud of you." She said, smiling.

Jack chuckled and nodded. "He would've. Thanks mom." He said.

"Well here's what I'm hoping for." Mrs. Overland said, lifting her cup. "I am hoping we all start new. That you two finally get married and that you two become what you want. I am hoping that Emma will be top of her class instead of average. That's my main hope guys, can we do it?" She asked.