Delivery Day

Jack's chest pains and his stomach cramps have been getting worse and worse as the week progressed. With Christmas now behind them and New years creeping up, Jack and Pitch have been feeling the pressure of having kids. Pitch was a nervous wreck, despite trying to hide it. Jack was filled with outbursts, throwing up and anger. He's been so angry as of late, snapping at everyone. He apologizes right after but he still does it. The only one he hasn't snapped at is Pitch, despite him being always near him.

Today, on New Years Eve, Jack's chest Pains finally went away, and the only pain he felt was that in his stomach. Jack knew this was a good thing, but he was still scared. Upon delivering the news to the guardians and Pitch, they scrambled to grab the book and read over the directions. Most of what they had to say, rested on Pitch's shoulders.

"Are you saying most of the delivery.... I have to do?" He asked.

North shrugged. "Yes."

Jack and Pitch locked eyes, before Jack reached up and grabbed his hands. "Its okay. You can't really hurt me." Jack reassured him.

Pitch sighed, rolling up the sleeves to his Grey sweater and looking over at Tooth. "How do I do it?" He asks.

Tooth hovered over to him, grabbing his hands, which made him jump slightly, and guided them over the position. She then brought it down so Pitch's hands were now on top of Jack's stomach.

"Its quite simple. You seep some of your sand down and try to encase them. It will take a moment. Then as you lift your hands you will allow the sand to naturally bring the child out." She turned to Jack. "You might feel pain during this part of the process. I don't know how much." She warned.

Jack gulped, but tried to look strong. "I can handle it."

Tooth nodded. "Okay. It's up to you Pitch."

Pitch sucked in a breath, allowing the sand to start seeping in. Jack's breath hitched, feeling severely uncomfortable at the feeling. He started to squirm slightly, as Pitch focused on the task at hand. Jack closed his eyes, trying to take in deep breaths. It felt like the longest, most uncomfortable 15 minutes of his life.

"Okay. I'm going to start lifting my hands, Love." Pitch says.

Jack nodded, gripping the bed sheets to stabilize him. "Okay."

Pitch slowly inched his hands away and just like Tooth said, as the sand was pulling out, hot firey pain shot up his spine, causing him to gasp loudly shooting his hands on top of Pitch's. "Oh my fucking God that hurt!" He snapped.

Pitch flinched, wanting to hug Jack, but his hands were still occupied. North appeared at Jack's side, grabbing a hold of Jack's hands. "Focus on us, Jack."

Jack took in deep breaths, locking eyes with North. Pitch, despite hesitating, continued to lift his hands. Web's of sand seemed to be pulling out and when they spotted a pale hand, Jack screamed, bringing his knees together and curling his toes onto the sheets. He slammed the back of his head into his mountain of pillows, allowing the tears to come out. The pain was indescribable. It was like nothing he has ever experienced before and the more Pitch pulled the hotter the pain got.

He must have blacked out because the last thing he remembered was Pitch trying to calm him. After the pain left him, hands started to fret over Jack, but what brought him back, was crying.

His blurry vision started to focus on Pitch who was leaning over him, wiping sweat off his brows. He blinked a few more times before the room focused around him.

"Pitch?" He asked, his voice hoarse.

Pitch sighed a relief. "You scared me there for a minute. We didn't realize how bloody horrible the pain would be." Pitch says.