Truth Be Told, I Miss This

Jack's eyes slowly lifted open and the first thing he noticed was the suffocating heat that pressed around his body. The second thing, was the chest he currently lied on, his hands held close to his chest as he was trapped in an embrace.

  He looked up to see Pitch was still sleeping, snoring softly into the room. The sun was out, Jack could tell that much, but he was stuck in this position. Although he liked it, the body heat from Pitch was killing him.

  "Pitch." Jack whispered, poking his chest. "Pitch, wake up."

  Pitch just grumbled in return, tightening his hold on Jack.

  "Pitch!" Jack whispered even louder. He didn't know why he was whispering in all honesty. It would be easier to yell his name, but the fact that he lived with the guardians, he had to yell at Bunny in a whisper so to not wake the rest of the guardians up. "Pitch!" He yelled, finally making Pitch jump and flings his arms away from Jack.

  Jack cheered, throwing his body off the bed and onto the cold ground.

  "What the hell, Jack? Why did you wake me?!" Pitch glared, looking over to see Jack sprawled out on the ground.

  "I'm a frost Spirit, Pitch, I mustn't be tamed in your grasps!" Jack dramatically said, putting the back of his right palm to his forehead.

  Pitch lifted a brow. "You could have just woke me nicely and asked me to let you go. No reason to be so dramatic." Pitch mumbled, disapproving.

  "Where is the fun in that?" Jack smirked, sitting up.

  "Does everything have to be so childish with you?" Pitch asked, throwing his legs over the side of the bed and sat up, looking down at the guardian of fun who crossed his legs.

  "Yes. It is why MIM chose me, is it not?" Jack asked.

  Pitch let a small chuckle escape his mouth. "It is." He couldn't help but think back on the past, seeing how even though Jack had no idea who he was, he acted the same anyways.

  Jack finally stod up, stretching his back before letting out a long grunt. He turned to Pitch with a crooked grin. "Am I still a prisoner or can I leave the cell?" Jack asked, pointing his bandaged thumb to the open cell door.

  Pitch sighed, standing up as well. "You aren't my prisoner, Jack. Not anymore." He said. "Come on, I'll cook up some breakfast for us." Pitch said, walking in front of Jack and out of the cell. Jack followed behind, skipping every so often as they made their way to the kitchen.

  "This place is a lot bigger than I remembered." Jack said, taking in the dark hallways.

  "Since my hideout in America was compromised, I decided to go to the one that hardly no one knows of. The one in France." He said as they turn a corner and into a brightly lit Kitchen. The stove and counters being a cool shade of black and gray while the walls were a mix of white and dark gray. The chandeliers lit the conjoined dining room and kitchen. Jack took a seat in one of the barstools, twirling in the move-able furniture.

  Pitch rolled his eyes and started to pull out pans and ingredients from the fridge and cupboards. Finally he got to work on cooking.

  Jack took in the Kitchen once more, before something grinded against his exposed fingertips. Jack looked down to see Onix was the culprit. "Oh hey, Onix, I didn't see you there." Jack bent down and lifted Onyx who was surprisingly light in his grasps. Onix let out a happy neigh when Jack started petting her mane.

  "To say I was surprised when I walked in to see you two sleeping together is an understatement. Ever since her birth she hasn't liked anyone. Not even her own mother." Pitch explained, putting something in the pan that Jack couldn't see because of Pitch's tallness.

  "Well that is because I have a great charm that attracts all the attention." Jack smirked.

  "And it starts." Pitch grumbled. "You have no charm, Jack."

  Jack's grin grew. "I charmed you, didn't I?" Jack asked.

  "That wasn't charm. It was... uh..Personality?" Pitch questioned, genuinely stuck on his comeback. He knew Jack charmed him with his dashing smile, but he didn't want Jack to boast about his charming ego.

  "It was my charm, Pitch. Stop denying it and accept it." Jack said.

  Pitch let out a defeated sigh, stirring something in the pan. "Fine Jack, it was your charm that got to me. Does that make you happy?" Pitch asked.

  "Absolutely. 100%." Jack commented, standing up to put Onix down on the ground. Jack stood up on his tippy toes and slowly stalked around the counter, making his way to an unexpected Pitch. With all his might, Jack threw his arms around Pitch's neck and threw his legs around his waist, using Wind to keep them balanced so they didn't tumble to the floor.

  "Jack!" Pitch shouted, dropping the spoon into the pan. He reached down and grasped Jack's thighs, sending a glare over his shoulder.

  "Don't worry, wind has our back. We won't fall." Jack smirked.

  "You can't be serious for a day, can you?" Pitch asked.

  "Nope. Deal with it, Kozmotis."

  "Not like I have a choice, Jackson." Pitch said, a smile forming on his lips.

  Jack was content with the way things were right now and to be honest, he missed the way he felt right now. He missed how happy he was, hoping this won't end anytime soon.

A/N: hey guys! Back with another update! Sorry I haven't been on in quite some time. My lifes pretty hectic right now, but  voila! An update has arrived! Hope you enjoy! (Sorry its so short!)