Questions & Answers

Jack woke up in an unusual place, his heart picked up, shooting his head to the side, he was immediately relieved when he spotted Pitch asleep next to him. He let out a small sigh, looking around the room.

  It was red and green with some gold flecks everywhere. The giant glass window showed a blizzard outside with endless white snow. Jack knew immediately where they were but what he couldnt seem to wrap his head around was the fact Pitch was next to him.

  Wait... Pitch said he was...

  Jack shot his hand down to his stomach, feeling a small bump on his lower stomach. Was he really... pregnant? When did it happen? That night on the beach?

  Jack was startled out if his mini panic attack when a hand ran through his hair. "It will be okay, Love." Pitch whispered.

  Jack shot his head up to Pitch who's yellow eyes were softened with some worry. Jack gulped. "What you said... could it have been when we... uhm... eloped on that island?" He asked.

  Pitch snorted at the way Jack explained it. "Find sexier names to explain it Jack." He teased. "But yes."

  Jack rolled his eyes, looking back at the room. "Why are we at the North Pole?" He asked.

  Pitch situated himself so that he was looking at the cieling. "I wanted the opportunity to have more people here in case something happens. So I asked the Guardians, despite my disdain for them, if they would allow you to remain here. North, in his charming way said if I don't remain here you would throw a fit and then everyone would pay the price." He turned his head with a smirk. "So we are in our own room at the North Palace."

  Jack's mouth dropped opened at that explanation. He never knew Pitch would go to such lengths to keep him comfortable and safe. Jack sat up, turning towards Pitch he smiled. "It seems life is starting to look up."

  Pitch smiled, sitting up, he wrapped his arms around Jack, bringing him onto his lap. Jack yelped, not ready for that pull. They collapsed against the bed, Jack crumbled on top of Pitch. Jack laughed, trying to wiggle his way free of Pitch's arms.

  Pitch play nipped Jack's neck, causing him to shiver. Jack shoved Pitch to the side, rolling out of bed. He landed on his butt, glaring up at Pitch who had a smug look on his face, his head propped up on his hand while his body lied to the side.  He looked amused.

  Jack rolled his eyes getting to his feet. "That was uncalled for."

  "But worth the reaction." He says.

  They heard a knock at the door, Pitch quickly sitting up. Jack walked over and opened the door, being met with Tooth.

  "Oh! You're awake! How are you feeling?" She asks.

  Jack puts a thumb up. "Im good."

  Tooth nods. "I came to check in and tell you we have some food ready." She explains.

  "Okay. We will be out in a moment." Jack says, waving a goodbye, closing the door.

  Pitch was on his feet, already starting to change into black jeans, a black shirt and black dress shoes. Jack decided to change his shirt to a blue one, walking out side by side with Pitch.

  Pitch still felt incredibly unwelcome and awkward in the North Palace. The last time he was here was when he was hell bent on destroying the guardians. Now he was here as a guest. How much has changed in the span of a year.

   Pitch looked down at Jack, noticing within the three days Jack has been out of commission, the bump on his stomach grew. Not incredibly big but it was noticeable. They stepped into the meeting room where the guardians sat with plates of vegetables and meats sat in front of them. Pitch could tell North, Tooth and Sandy were trying, but Bunny glared at him the entire way to his seat.

  He helped Jack into the seat, taking his own once Jack was situated. There was silence as they filled their plates and ate. The one to break the silence was Jack.

  "So... does anyone know how... this is going to work?" He asked, gesturing to his stomach.

  Tooth lifted a finger. "I have been reading some books on it while you have been sleeping. Since you are a spirit, once the... Father... uhm... shares his power, the growth rate excells. You should be having the baby within 3 months if the book I read is correct." Tooth finishes, blushing at the thought of how this baby even came to be. The thought was somewhat odd to them. Bunny though was angry everytime they mentioned it.

  "Will it have powers?" Jack asked.

  Tooth shrugged. "That is the question. Spirit children do not grow older than their "mothers" so the oldest your child will get is 18. After that they grows in years that spirits do. They will remain frozen at the age of 18. If they have powers they could be like one of us. If not they would act more of a ghost." Tooth explained.

  Jack looked over at Pitch who had the same expression on his face. "So what your saying is... they will be full grown by 18?"

  Tooth nodded. "Exactly. When that time comes you will have a decision. If they have powers you must let them know their center. If they don't, they must remain by your side. Spirit children with no powers tend to wander away and fade. Its a sad reality but a true one. Its the price you pay. If they get too far without powers they lose their connection to what holds them to the spirit world. Keep them close."

  With that explanation, Jack immediately shot his hands to his stomach. The thought of going through this and then losing them made him dread it. Pitch shot his hand to Jack's grabbing it he brought it up, kissing Jack's knuckles.

  "Whatever comes to pass, Love. We will do it together." He whispers.

  Jack smiled. "I know." He looked at the guardians. "With what Sandy said, if he felt powerful inside my body, I dont think he is normal. He must have powers if it made the whole room glow in a blinding light and made Sandy pull his hands away like he got burned." He explained.

  "You have a point there." Says North.

  "Theres one other question." Jack caught Tooth's attention, he smiled sheepishly. "How uh... how will the delivery work?"

  Tooth smiled. "Simple really." She pointed to Pitch. "When the time comes, you won't have a water breakage like normal women. You will feel a sudden pain in your heart and abdomen. A sharp pain like knives. When you feel that, you must wait until the pain is in just your abdomen, then Pitch has to use his sand to pull the child out. The father uses his magic to guide the child out. No blood, no C-section and no painful birth. The magic will encase the child and they will come out once they are ready. Almost like teleportation."

  Jack's mouth dropped opened. "Thats... not what I was expecting but its a hell of a lot better than trying to figure out how I was even going to delivery this devil." He jokes.

  Pitch chuckled. "We should head back to the house and pack a few things. We will be remaining here for quite some time." He says to Jack.

  Jack smiled. "After dinner then. I'm starved." He started to shovel food into his mouth, while Pitch watched him like he was discovering a new element. With pride and pure love.

  It made even Bunny warm up a little.

  A/N: I am going to skip ahead a month in the next one, just a heads up. But after that time skip it'll only be like... 2 days or whatnot. I really want you guys to see and feel what is happening as they go on this journey ^-^ enjoy!