♫Chapter 9- Pacts and Apologies♫

Chapter Nine

"Jason Michael Gray! What the hell have you done with my home?!"

I cringe outwardly at the furiousness in her tone, but my heart leaps with glee and revenge at the thought of Jace being reprimanded by his own mother.

This is going to be good.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Gray," I apologize quickly, guilt and fear finally settling in. "I didn't mean to make a mess of your beautiful home."

She smiles kindly at me. "No probable sweetheart. I know all the fault is on him."

Jace snorts and mutters, "Kiss up."

"Jason, watch how you treat a lady," Mrs. Gray scolds.

When Jace's mother isn't looking, I shoot him a victorious smirk and he scowls with defeat.

"Go clean up the kitchen this instant! I'm not having our servants slave away after your continuous disasters!"

"But mom--"

"Now Jason."

Jace slumps his shoulders and hangs his head in embarrassment as I just gloat. I love this woman already. As he exits the room, she unattaches the small girl from her side and hurries over to me.

"How did this happen?" she questions, her fingers briefly skimming my flour and egg covered cheeks.

I wave her off. "Jace just threw flour at me for no reason, I guess. We were talking and then out of nowhere, flour smacked me right in the face."

"I'm going to kill that young man," she whispers dangerously.

"No, it's really okay," I say quickly, somehow, not desiring for Jace to be under any more trouble. "I'm fine."

She shakes her head vigorously. "You're not okay sweetheart! You're covered from head to toe in flour! You know what, you deserve a nice hot shower. I'll show you to one of the guest bathrooms and fetch you some of my older clothes that don't fit me anymore."

"Mommy," the small girl pipes up, "who is she?" She points accusingly at me and I grin at her cuteness.

I bend down to her level and point a finger at my chest. "I'm Violet."

She beams at me. "Hi Violet!" I grin wider as she struggles to pronounce each syllable of my name.

"Cara, go help Jason in the kitchen," Mrs. Gray says gently, pushing her forward gently in the direction of the kitchen as she hurries off.

Mrs. Gray ascends the spiral stairs, gesturing for me to follow her as I drag my feet on the hard floor after her.

"Let's get you a shower."

~*~

After the searing water has warmed the blood in my veins, I towel dry myself and take time to gape at the large bathroom at least thrice the size of my father's bathroom. I considered soaking in the jocose with bubbles and jets, but thought it would be more convenient to rinse off in the shower.

I throw on my bra and panties after slathering my legs and arms in lotion. I shove on borrowed jeans and a plain gray short sleeved shirt along with a pair of plain white ankle socks. I take a good fifteen minutes to blow-dry my hair half way and decide to throw it into a French braid down the back of my head. I survey myself in the mirror, not completely satisfied with my appearance, but it'll have to work. I snatch up my flour covered clothes along with my used towels and wash clothes and unlock the door to the lavish bathroom.

As I thrust open the door I leap back with a yelp of surprise at a still drenched Jace.

"What the heck?" I yell, making sure to be careful with my language knowing that his family is around.