♫Chapter 35- Chivalry Isn't Dead♫

Chapter Thirty-Five          

It's been a couple days since the fallout with Jessica and the twins. For me, I have to say things have been sailing fairly smoothly. Jace and I have a strong, healthy relationship, Jessica's been out of my hair; she's only been sending me glares of hatred and vengeance, and my dad's safely back from his work trip. This means I don't have to keep an eye on Luke and Gabe as much and I have more free time to myself.

            Speaking of free time, Jace and I have our first date tonight. Yesterday, we were both astonished that we've never gone out with just the two of us as a couple before. I pointed out that things have been pretty hectic ever since the New Year kicked off, but Jace said all of the drama for us is over so we can finally go out without feeling guilty.

            That's what I'm currently getting ready for. I've called Wes more than once, asking for advice on what to wear to a movie, a dinner, and a surprise afterwards, and she recommended some cute outfits for me, but none of which I would want to get dirty. Honestly, I have no clue if Jace is planning something sneaky--you can never know with him—but I don't want him to pick me up and then run away screaming and rubbing his eyes to rid himself of the horrible images of me looking like a rug rat with baggy sweats and a food stained sweatshirt. After some heavy contemplating, I decide to go with a pair of ripped jeans and a white kami with a grey cardigan. I roll up my jeans (problems of being short) and pair it with some black converse before heading to the bathroom and applying a thin layer of mascara, foundation in the areas that are in need of covering, and some lip gloss. I brush out my brown hair and fiddle with it before deciding on a loose fishtail down the back. Satisfied, I check my phone and reply to Taylor, who's wishing me luck on my date just as the doorbell rings. My heart leaps in my chest and my eyes snap up from my phone. I gulp, suddenly nervous for some odd reason.

            "Gabe, answer the door I need to fetch my wallet," I yell.

            "No one uses the word 'fetch' anymore," he shouts back and I roll my eyes. At least I know he heard me.

            I quickly snatch my wallet and shove a wad of twenties in, not knowing how much I'll need to cover, before bounding down the stairs to where Gabe and Jace are chatting. I allow my eyes to take in the tight black shirt Jace is wearing the hugs his muscles paired with dark washed jeans, Toms, and a blue button up shirt thrown over him loosely that brings out his vibrant blue eyes that I love. His brown locks are neatly combed unlike usual where he just leaves his hair tousled. I lick my lips and inwardly swoon.

            "—and you're a dead man," is all I hear Gabe growl out threateningly.

            I smack the back of his head, gasping. "Gabe! Don't threaten my boyfriend!"

            Jace chuckles. "It's okay Violet. He's being protective of his older sister, I understand."

            Reluctantly, I decide to let it go, for now. I bid goodbye to my pain-in-the-ass brother and grab Jace's hand as he leads me out to his Porsche. Like a gentleman, he opens the car door for me and kisses the back of my hand. I giggle unattractively and automatically blush deeply at how childish I sound. I quickly press my cold hands to the back of my cheeks to attempt to cool them before Jace notices, but it's too late because he grabs my wrist to look at my face.

            "Don't hide yourself. I love it when you blush," he admits cheekily, leaning over to kiss one of my flaming cheeks.

            "Great, you just made me blush even more," I mutter, my eyes cast on my clenched hands in my lap. I don't know why I'm so nervous and awkward. We've been around each other enough that it shouldn't be awkward.