♫Epilogue- Beneath the Sharps and Flats♫

Epilogue

I'm trying not to be stupid and think things through reasonably.

Obviously, they can't be that idiotic. I've crammed it through all of their brains so many times they've gotten up and walked away.

Wait, did I tell them it was the twelfth instead of the nineteenth?! Maybe that's why nobody seems to remember!

May 19, 1998 was the day I decided to grace this earth. Today just so happens to be my eighteenth birthday and so far, it's been pretty shitty since no one seems to care. I've been battling my tears all day, making excuses for my friends, my boyfriend, even my dad, but I'm too exhausted to sit and mope anymore. I'm going to march home right now, and give my dad a piece of my mind. God, if Mom were still alive, she would've had his head.

I check my phone and frown when a picture of Jace and I grinning at each other pops up on my lock screen. As usual, I have no notifications. I also notice that I've been aimlessly strolling around for a good hour or so, caught up in my thoughts.

It's been about three weeks since I surprised Jace at his uncle's house. Just thinking of the morning when we woke up together in the same bed makes me smile and brightens my sour mood. I stayed there with him for that day, getting to know his quite humorous uncle before we flew back the next morning.

A week later, was graduation. Naturally, since I still have summer school to make up for lost months, I didn't graduate with my friends, but I did get the pleasure of burying my head in the crook of Jace's neck and sobbing when Wes, Taylor, and the twins received their diploma. Gen gave an amazing speech as one of the school's valedictorians, but I sat emotionless through the whole thing, cringing when she mentioned Colton and he ran up and kissed her hard on the mouth. Jace remained completely stoic next to me as well, not having much to say about his former best friend. When I expressed my concerns, he waved me off and convinced me he was fine (Jace wasn't graduating because he had enough credits to graduate early in the spring).

Later that afternoon, I was pulled away by Wes when Colton finally approached Jace. I took the hint and left, all the while tuning out Wes' rambling and staring at them from a distance. Jace later told me that Colton thought "I was ruining him" and he thought Jace would be "better off without me." He also said a relationship like ours is unhealthy and we're too involved. Jace had crushed me to his chest at this point, grumbling nonsense about how Colton had his head shoved so far up his ass he couldn't see straight. After this moment, we decided to not focus on Colton for the day since we didn't want to ruin the joyous mood.

Ever since, Jace hasn't made a move to talk to Colton due to the ridiculous decisions he made that weren't his to make. I haven't reached out to Gen either, knowing she's going to be firmly rooted beside Colton and following him around like a sick puppy.

Wes, Taylor, and the twins, of course, are equally as pissed, especially Wes. Everyone knows by now that Wes basically drags Drew around with her and he's forced to obey everything she tells him. When Wes is pissed, so is Drew. Honestly, it's kind of adorable.

Oh, and that reminds me. About a week and a half ago, Wes and Drew finally decided to break the news of their relationship to all of us. Due to the fact that I already knew, my reaction wasn't as priceless as my friends. Their eyes were practically popping out of their skulls and it was a sight to see. However, what truly shocked me to the core was Jacob's nonchalant reaction. He actually seemed to be pleased for his brother and the former girl he loved. Although his eyes held a little hurt and pain, he appears to be headed on the path to get over Wes.