♫Chapter 26- Secrets Secrets are no Fun Unless you Share with Everyone♫

Chapter Twenty-Six

Do you ever just have a moment when you freeze and you analyze everything in your head before actually taking action?

            I feel like a complete idiot for just standing here, frozen, while Jace cradles my body and molds my lips to his.

            This is the moment you've been waiting for, my inner voice screams at me, snapping me out of my funk, Kiss him!

            And that I do.

            Just as Jace is about to come up for air, I pull him back down and crush my lips to his. He groans deep in his chest and the sound is music to my ears. I reach up to fist my hands in his hair, shivering as electricity and heat sparks between our bodies.

            All of the pain, all of the anger and confusion I've endured over the past two or so months just melts away with the brush of Jace's lips. Isn't that incredible?

            I moan into his mouth as out lips part and his hot breath fans across my face. He seems to like the noise he causes and presses me flush to his chest, his fingers digging into my waist to the point of pain.

            My heart bursts before piecing itself all back together as Jace and I's bodies tangle and we desperately clutch onto the fabric of our shirts, and dig our nails into flesh and hair.

            Jace and I continue to make out like starved animals until the sparks begin to die down between us and he starts to place small, loving pecks on my lips. I giggle into our last kiss as I feel his mouth curve into a smile. He pulls back, his blue eyes shining, his hair a tousled mess, and his red lips swollen. I'm pretty sure I look equivalently as insane as he does at the moment.          

            "I've been dying to do that for a long time," he breathes, his eyes glistening in happiness as he grins and takes my face in his right hand again. I involuntarily lean into his touch, close my eyes, and sigh contentedly.

            "Violet," Jace says softly and my eyes flutter open to meet his loving gaze.

            "I—I need to know everything," he says, his face contorting in pain, "I need you to tell me everything."

            My breath hitches and I remove his hand from my face, turning away from him to pace back and forth while I gnaw on my lower lip. Should I trust him with this? Should I trust him to not go running directly to Jessica's side to spill everything?!

            You idiot! He just kissed you, not Jessica, my conscious hisses at me irritably. Wow, I guess that's a great point.

            I take a deep breath and turn around to face Jace, his gaze expectant and encouraging, "Where should I start?"

            He sighs, "Start at the beginning. I need to know everything that Jessica has put you through behind my back."

            So I explain everything in my point of view. I start from the point where we ran into each other in the hallway, to Jessica and I's original encounter in the girls' bathroom, all the way up to the point where Jessica recently threatened me and abused me. I'm not afraid to give Jace the littlest details, daring myself to rely on him to keep this huge secret.              

I finish, sucking in a lungful of air after I finally do. My heart is currently throbbing erratically due to the anticipation of Jace's response.

            I finally muster up enough courage to turn around to face him and when I do, I already notice him staring at me intensely, his gaze dark. I gulp.