♫Chapter 42- Sometimes, Change Can Be a Good Thing♫

Chapter Forty-Two

Dear Violet, my beautiful Rainbow,

            I'm writing this letter just in case you didn't hear me before I left. I'm leaving to Texas for rehab tonight. It's a two week program that will knock some sense into my brain to the point where I'll never want to consume another drop of alcohol again. I desire for nothing more than to sit by your side twenty-four hours a day, every day until you open your beautiful hazel eyes, but I have to do this for myself and for you so this problem can disperse early on. 

            Before I say this, I just want to tell you how much I love you. I love you so much that it hurts; it's consuming and outright maddening. I don't believe I have ever, or will ever feel this way about another person, Violet, because you're it for me. I know I'm young, you're young, and we probably know nothing, but I can assure you that I'm being utterly serious. Most people would call me insane for proclaiming my love to you at such a young age. They'd think "what can this eighteen year old boy fresh out of high school possibly know?" I'm not sure what I'm thinking actually or everything that's occurring around me right now, but I do know that I love you, and I will never stop loving you no matter what happens. I know you might think differently when you read the next paragraph, but you have to trust that I'm doing this for the best reasons, as much as it pains me.

            I've decided after I finish rehab, I'm going to stay with my uncle in Texas. He has a pretty decent sized house down there and I've already applied to a college. I'm going to medical school, most likely for surgery, if not, maybe to be a pediatrician. You know I've always had a love for science, and when I wasn't gazing at you in that hospital bed, I was observing the doctors as they rushed around me in blurs, saving lives and sometimes ending them. I watched as they conversed with the families and they either rejoiced, broke down, or remained stoic. I want to do that. I want to be able to change someone's life for the better, ever though I might change it for the worst sometimes, and that's exactly what I'm doing with our situation. The only person who knows of my whereabouts is Colton because I trust him not to reveal exactly where I'm staying in Texas. Part of me is hoping you'll come after me when you wake up, but I really don't think you should look for me when it's best if I keep away from you. I came into your life like a wrecking ball and shifted everything around this year. I didn't really know of you until this year and neither did Jessica. I know she's locked away, but she could potentially be released and it's not the best idea that I'm around for that. The last thing I want if for something as tragic as this to happen to you again.

            I know you're probably fuming and hurting because you think I abandoned you. If I thought it was in your best interest that I stay with you, I would be catching the next flight to be by your bedside right now. In my personal opinion, we both just need some time where we can think and breathe after this whole event. Colton will be updating me with details and he'll inform me when you wake. I don't know when I'll see you again baby, but I hope it's very soon because my heart is pulsing with agony writing this to you. I hope you understand, and I can't preach that I love you enough.

With undying love,

Jason Gray

~*~

Dear Ms. Violet Greene,

We are thrilled to inform you that you are one of the three pianists that got accepted into the musical program of Juilliard. You will receive a full tuition to Juilliard College which means even your dorm room and new grand piano is covered.

We look forward to personally meeting with you and are excited to have you here at Julliard.

Sincerely,