♫Chapter 31- Jessica's Revenge♫

Chapter Thirty-One

"Get up retard, you're late!"

My eyes pop open in alarm and I immediately glance at the time. I curse under my breath and leap straight out of bed. I sway on my feet and dark spots begin to cloud my vision as my head swims. I snap out of it when Gabe clasps me on the back and I stumble forward into a wall.

"Ouch, what was that for," I mumble, rubbing the new forming bump on my head.

His hand remains on my back until I'm steady and then he pats me, "I was just making sure you didn't pass out."

"Thanks for that, bud," I deadpan, before hobbling to the bathroom to get ready for the day ahead of me.

I'm brushing my teeth just as my phone lights up with a text. I swish, spit, and wipe all of the foam from my face before unlocking my phone to notice a couple messages from Wes, one from Taylor, and twenty-one from Jace. I roll my eyes at his persistence and smile to myself when I read all of the different ways he said "good morning" to me.

Good morning, dork –me

I resume to wash my face, then towel dry it before replying to Wes and Taylor. I plug in my straightener and hum to myself before doing my business and washing my hands. My phone vibrates again so I glance at it and almost recoil in surprise when I notice it's from Colton. I frown. Colton never texts me so this must be a big deal.

How should I ask Gen to prom –Colton

I grin to myself and reply. Isn't it a little early to ask her to prom?? –me

My phone pings again and this time, it's Wes. OMG Colton's asking Gen to prom in a couple months! –Wes

Then why is he asking me for advice now if he has a couple months to think it through? –me

I need to think this through and plan it carefully –Colton

Maybe he needs to think it through and plan it carefully –Wes

I roll my eyes at their impeccable timing and silence my phone so I can get ready without having anymore interruptions.

I spend the next thirty minutes straightening my hair, putting on necessary makeup, and pulling on a pair of dark washed jeans and a maroon sweater. I pull on a pair of grey Ugg boots, grab my bag, and collect of the necessities to not catch hypothermia outside. I bound down the stairs and swing into the kitchen.

"Good morning, Dad," I smile as I set my bag down in one of the chairs.

He looks up from his newspaper and takes his glasses off of his nose, "Good morning sweat heart. What has you so chipper this morning? You can't possibly be excited to return to school."

"Oh I'm not. It's just I had a good Christmas break and everything seems to be going well at the moment."

He nods before continuing to read his paper, "Well I'm glad to hear that."

After the grocery store incident, I have to admit I was slightly concerned about how Jessica was going to finish me off, but Jace pointed out that she just walked away. I'm guessing she has something up her sleeve but we had three more days of break and he made a point when he told me we should spend them "Jessica free" and clear our consciences of her. I'm glad I haven't been thinking about her recently because I've been significantly less stressed out and have been able to have a lot more fun with my friends and family.