♫Chapter 45- I Take it We're Back Together Now?♫

WARNING: Steamy scene ahead! (Don't worry, I don't write smut).

_______________________________

Chapter Forty-Five

I spend the next hour rushing through the airport like a mad person, breathlessly asking for the next flight to Easterwood. Along the way, I receive many rude comments that involve vulgar words, gasps of surprise as I shove people out of my way, and nasty looks of judgement. I mostly ignore the passerby around me, my thought process focused around Jace.

I've been impatiently tapping my foot on the floor, constantly fidgeting in the plastic chair where I wait. I've been sitting in the same spot for the past thirty minutes, doubts and worries running through my mind.

What if Jessica's wrong? What if earning my love was all a game to him and he seized the perfect opportunity to leave me when I was unconscious? When I show up, I'd receive one of his famous narcissistic smirks and the door would be slammed in my face. My throat practically closes up at the thought and it becomes difficult to swallow. My heart aches in my chest just pondering of being played like one of his violins for the past five and a half months that we've been together.

However, what if he actually does love me but still thinks it's best if he keeps his distance? Obviously, I can argue with the ignoramus and scream about how wrong he is, but that hasn't ever stopped Jace from tuning out everyone else's own opinion and automatically assuming his is right.

At the moment, I'm not very confident that I'll easily convince him to return with me back home. I know I still have a two hour flight ahead of me to rack my brain for ways to approach Jace, but I can't help but chew all my fingernails to their beds and pull my hair out over the matter now.

It's not too late to back out now, Violet. You have to be sure the door won't slam in your face before you waste your emergency money on a plane to your ex-boyfriend that might not be the happiest to see your face. Oh, and he doesn't know you're awake so you have a fifty-fifty shot of yelling "surprise!" and him reacting badly. Not to mention--

"Passengers may now board flight six-zero-seven to Easterwood, Texas. I repeat, all passengers may board flight six-zero-seven to Easterwood, Texas," a feminine voice over the intercom speaks loudly, interrupting my jumbled, ongoing thoughts.

With trembling muscles, I raise myself from the uncomfortable plastic chair, slinging my purse over my shoulder. With my head held high, I thrust the plane ticket towards the lady and she takes it with a pleasant smile, telling me to enjoy my flight. I almost open my mouth and inform her that my flight will be anything but enjoyable and I'll probably develop a throbbing migraine from the overwhelming worries consuming all of my sanity, but I figure I would sound like a lunatic. I settle with a small, closed-mouth smile in return instead.

I don't hesitate to take my seat, relieved I don't have to stress about extra baggage when I only have my purse on top of my pounding head to deal with. I check my watch, noticing it's almost time that school lets out. I shoot Taylor a quick text, asking him if he can drop my brothers at home. He replies almost immediately, questioning why I'm not there and left so suddenly to speak with Jessica. I reply with a "I'm currently on a plane to see Jace. Give you details later." Knowing this will freak him out, I'm not the least bit surprised to feel the vibrating of my phone in my palm and his name flashing across the screen.

"Hello? Violet Greene speaking." I pick up with a smirk.

"What the hell are you thinking?" he demands incredulously, rage and worry lacing his tone.

"I spoke with Jessica and it went well. She's positive she knows where Jace's exact location is and I'm on my way to see him now. Any further questions?"