♫Chapter 37- I See Things in Black and White♫

Chapter Thirty-Seven

The first thing I notice when I open my eyes, is that I can't see anything. Momentarily, I begin to flip out. So Jessica knocks my head against the ground and now my vision's impaired?! She couldn't have possibly blinded me when she knocked the back of my head against the ground! It's not physically possible due to the fact that the optic nerve is located towards the front of the brain.

For all of you people who have no idea what an optic nerve is, it's the pair of nerves transmitting impulses to the brain from the retina. These nerves are located at the back of both your eyes and the front of your brain. Therefore, it wouldn't be physically possible for me to go blind... unless the crazy bitch decided to flip me around and back my forehead against the road.

Speaking of banging heads into thing, why can't I feel any pain?

Slowly, I bring my hand to the side that was oozing blood from the estimated four or five inch shard of glass buried in my side. I frown when I notice the glass no longer wedged in my side anymore. I'm still clothed in my nice pair of jeans with my pink sweater and my clothes are still splotched with blood. My white toms are still snug around my feet, dirt and blood caking them as well. I resist the urge to cry as I examine myself. Why did some of my favorite and most expensive clothes need to get ruined during this unfortunate situation?

Then again, I was only going to Taylor's anyway, so I guess that's my fault that I wore nice clothes. It's not like Taylor cares about what I wear, especially on a Saturday movie night.

I continue to pat myself down and then work up the courage to slowly lift my shirt off of my most wounded side. I gasp and drop my shirt in shock when I notice the pale flesh around my side is completely healed. My trembling hands slowly lift my shirt to reveal my side again. The cold, damp air around me makes me shiver as my exposed side suddenly grows cold from the lack of clothing covering it. I gently caress the creamy skin, in awe of how not even a trace of a scar is visible and no pain is present. I run my fingers over my face, finding no traces of dirt of blood. Somehow, I've been completely washed clean of all the grime and gore—even my hair smells clean—but the idiot who washed me put me back in my ruined clothes.

After basically feeling myself up for a couple moments, I begin to take a look around. I let out a groan of frustration when I see nothing but darkness around me. I bend down to brush the ground at my feet to find my hands swipe through air. My heart stop in my chest as I picture myself plummeting to my death. How is it possible that I'm standing right now if my fingers can pass through the ground but my feet can't? I test out my theory, I begin walking around in circles, and even start jumping up and down to crack this peculiar substance that I'm standing on. Naturally, I end up looking like a huge doofus in the end and relent, plopping down on the ground (or whatever you want to call it) and hugging my knees to my chest.

Suddenly, a burst of light spills into the strange place and I squint, my eyes adjusting to the uncomfortable brightness. I shield my face as I rise to my feet, hesitantly creeping closer and closer to the bright light. As I continue to venture down the dark tunnel, my hands outstretched in front of me in protection, the blinding white light grows larger and larger as I near it. It's as if I'm being drawn into this brilliant white nothingness as the end of the darkness. A breath of relief escapes me and I begin running, craving the comforting embrace the light gives. I want to be trapped, encircled in the nothingness where there's no pain, no fear, no problems. No one can reach you here and Jessica won't be able to threaten me here.

I'll finally be safe.

I reach the end of the long dark tunnel, my eyes narrowing even more as I try to take in the magnificent light spilling onto the dark ground. I reach out with my hand to touch it and smile as my fingers pass through. Just as I'm about to cross the void and enter the white light drawing me into its embrace, a figure begins hustling towards me through the whiteness as if she's in a rush to reach someone. When her face comes into view, I can't help but gasp and take a step backwards.