♫Chapter 36- Lights Out♫

*WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MORE VULGAR LANGUAGE AND IS VERY VIOLENT AND GRAPHIC. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

Chapter Thirty-Six             

"Jessica, please." I beg, tears, dirt, and blood streaming down my face, "don't hurt me."

            She shoots me a devilish smirk, her right eye twitching slightly. "Oh I'm going to do more than just hurt you Violet. I'm going to do exactly what you did to me and rip out your heart and shred it into a billion atomic little pieces until all that's left is your rotting corpse and your hazel eyes that Jace loves so much, empty and wide with horror." She moves closer and I back up until my back hits the car. I gasp, my whole body trembling with fear as I stare deep into Jessica's insane brown eyes. "You're going to suffer the way I suffered when I watched you with Jace."

            "Y-you watched us," I ask, trying to stall her and keep her talking so I can somehow reach for my phone to call for help. Jessica needs help.

            She smiles, taking the knife in her hand and running her index finger along the blade, "All the time. I watched as he friend zoned you at your piano recital, I watched as you kissed him with such passion, I watched him pretend to love you this whole time. I even watched as he relapsed and downed those shots at the party." She smiles fondly as if recalling the memory and I swallow back bile as a feeling of sickness overcomes me. "Addiction to alcohol runs in his family. On his father's side actually. I'm sure he already told you that, though." She grows angry, clenching the knife tighter in her hand. "You little bitch! You forced him to tell you everything! Except guess what? He hasn't told you everything! I'm the only one he tells everything to, I'm his best friend! I'm the real girl he's in love with!"

            "I bet you are," I smile, trying to keep Jessica happy by acting like I'm listening and agreeing with her, "I bet he loves you so much."

            She giggles. "I know he does. You're just a little whore who's distracting him from the person he really wants to be with. Me."

            I nod frantically, practically paralyzed with fear as she creeps closer to me with small steps. A scenario quickly comes to mind where I'm shouting for help and someone comes running. Before they can get to me, Jessica plunges the knife deeply in my chest and my breath hitches pain flooding throughout my senses as my chest is torn open. I blink away my thoughts and decide that it wouldn't matter if I screamed for help anyway. No one would hear me. Jessica chose a brilliant spot to take out her lover's competition.

            She creeps closer and closer and I swallow more bile creeping up in my throat. My pulse thrums with fear and I clench my fists together to stop them from shaking. My whole body trembles as she inches closer to me with her sharp blade pointed right at my heart. A few stray tears escape and roll down my cheeks, plummeting to the dirt ground below me. I press myself up against the car, trying to get as far away from her as possible. Hiccups escape my mouth and I bite my lip to try and muffle my fear.

I briefly glance around, noticing the sight around me; some splotches of my blood staining the grass from where the glass cut into my side. I reach for the wound and moan in pain as I feel hot sticky liquid gush from my skin and seep into my shirt. Stupidly, I still haven't removed the glass, but if I were to remove it, I could possibly bleed to death.

            The knife scrapes against the skin on my neck, right where my jugular is.

            I close my eyes.

~*~

Six Hours Earlier

I wake sprawled out on top of Wes on the ground. I groan and glance up, noticing Gen's foot hanging off my bed. Ugh, I can't believe she hogged the whole thing to herself!