♫Chapter 18- Taylor's Confession♫

Chapter Eighteen

"Haha bitch, I told you so!"

            I shake my head and wince as Wes' loud voice pierces my ear drum and I pull the phone away from my ear. Thanks to her, I'll probably go deaf in my left ear either from all of the screaming, or from the numerous times she's told me she was right.

            Yep, I told her everything; well, except for the thing about liking Jace in a "more than friend's way."

            I know it sounds completely insane, I still am trying to convince myself that I have fallen for my least favorite person.

            "Hello? Violet? Are you still in there? Or are you thinking about the many ways you could take Taylor. Maybe in the bathrooms at school, up against the wall, ooh! Or maybe even on the kitchen counter! You nasty minded-"

            "Wes," I snap harshly, a sick feeling churning in my stomach at the thought of Taylor and I. . . yeah, let's not even go there.

            "Yes, Mrs. Woods," she asks innocently.

            An ounce of frustration begins to bubble in my chest at her fanatics, "Shut up."

            Wes doesn't reply on the other end, but I can picture her frowning.

            "I don't like Taylor in that way. I've already told you this more than once but you refuse to listen," I sigh through my nose, my body ridding of the steam.

            "I know, I'm not a retard," Wes says, her voice carrying a little bit of hurt that informs me that she might have been injured by my words.

            "I didn't say you were, "I say carefully, hoping that I'm not being a moody asshole.

            "Okay," she replies simply, "Just promise to call me if anything major goes down and I'll be there to comfort Taylor."

            Now that hurt, "Hey, what about me?"

            She hesitates, "Let's face it, Vi. You won't be the one coming out with a blade lodged deep in your heart. You'll be coming out on top while Taylor is bleeding out on the floor."

            A surge of anger enters my chest randomly, "Do you seriously think that I'm going to be emotionless when I reject him?! God, I'm going to feel so guilty after I see his expression fall after I tell him I've only ever liked him as a friend!"

            Wes is silent for a moment, "I didn't say you're going to be supporting a shit eating grin after you reject him. I'm just saying that he's liked you for years and I've been the bystander silently begging for you to finally open your eyes and notice what's going on around you."

            "Okay first of all, I'm not completely oblivious, I've thought about Taylor having feelings for me before, but I've brushed the feeling aside. Second of all, my mother died a little less than three years ago and I'm sort of still coping with that, Wes! At the time, I didn't have time for anyone else but being there for the motionless corpse known as the woman who gave birth to me! Hell, if she were here right now, she would know exactly what to do." I become quieter towards the end, tears stinging in my eyes as a flashback of the day of her funeral all comes rushing back. I swallow a painful lump as a single tear rolls down my cheek.

            "I'm sorry Violet," Wes whispers, "I didn't think about how much you had going on around that time. I just don't want to see Taylor hurt."

            "And you think I do," I snap, "That's why I've been avoiding him! I've been avoiding the inevitable! Jesus Christ, I knew this would happen." I pace back and forth rubbing my throbbing temple with my free hand as I clutch my phone to my ear in a death grasp with the other.