♫Chapter 12- I Will Leap on you Like a Freaking Spider Monkey♫

Chapter Twelve

"He's such a man whore," Wes scoffs disgustedly.

Suddenly, I have a strong urge to defend Jace, although I don't know why. I shake my head so I can clear my very confused mind as Wes raises an eyebrow.

"So you don't think he's a man whore?" she questions, confusion and amusement etched across her face.

"No, no! I definitely think he's a man whore," I reply quickly, earning a large grin from Gen who is strolling casually with her books in her arms out into the parking lot. It's now three in the afternoon and all of us are currently headed to Wes' house to have a large study day.

I shoot Gen a glare. "I hope you're not scheming about what I think you're scheming about."

Wes glances between us weirdly before swinging herself in the front seat of her yellow bug. I take passenger seat and Gen takes the seat in the back middle.

As Wes shoves the key in ignition, she replies subtly, "Gen do you actually think Violet remotely likes Jace? For the past three years we've been successfully avoiding the popular crowd, and Jace suddenly comes around."

Gen frowns. Since she is new this year, she doesn't really know many people and isn't aware of the stereotypical crap occurring in Whitmore High. "I honestly don't think Jace is as bad as you make him out to be."

I silently agree with her--much to my outward denial--and think back to the time where he planted a soft kiss on Cara's forehead and the way he stared lovingly at my mother's old violin.

Wes scoffs again, "Did I seriously just hear that come out of your mouth? Why would you even consider that?"

"Well . . ." I draw out, not desiring to give Jace's "huge secret" away. I'm pretty sure he'd pummel me with his fists if I so much as utter a word to anyone.

I really don't want to be fist pummeled today. Or an day.

Wait, is that even a thing . . .?

"Vi, answer the question," Gen says, a huge smile plastered on her face as I snap my head up to her gaze. "Do you have a thing for Jason Gray?"

My stomach knots weirdly when she calls him by his full name and I can't even begin o fathom the real feeling.

Violet, do you possibly lik-

No! I cut off my subconscious. How could I even begin to think that? Remotely accepting Jace, isn't even an option.

"Oh my God! Look, Gen! She's blushing," Wes giggles as Gen beams brightly, obviously thinking that liking Jace is a good thing.

What the hell? I don't like him! Stupid brain, stupid . . .

I scowl at them so hard, I'm afraid my eye brows will get caught up in my eye lashes. "I can't believe I'm actually hanging out with a bunch of imbeciles," I mutter as Wes gasps, catching what I said as she turns the key in the ignition. Gen and I quickly buckle up as Wes revs her engine, and we take off towards her house.

"I find that highly offensive, Rainbow." She pouts immaturely in the review mirror at me as I glare at her so hard, I'm sure my facial expression will be stuck like that.

"What did you just call me?" I whisper dangerously and Wes gulps audibly, her eyes widening. I glance at Gen out of the corner of my eye, noticing how both her hands are slapped over her mouth, her body shaking as she attempts to hold in rounds of laughter.

"Uhh, I called you . . . Violet! Yes, I called you Violet," she stammers, failing miserably at covering up her mistake.

"I swear to God," I say slowly as she holds her breath, flicking on the turn signal as we pull into her neighborhood, "I will leap on you like a freaking spider monkey the moment you step foot out of your car."