♫Chapter 2- He Has Abs and I Have Flabs♫

Chapter Two

"Is it true that Jace Gray harassed you in the hallway?"

Wes hits me up with what I've been attempting to avoid all day: any mention of him.

"Yes," I mumble. "Can we please not talk about it?"

"No way," Wes grins. "I knew my make over would have an effect on the opposite gender! You should thank me."

"So you want me to thank you because Jace Gray slammed me up against the lockers and called me a nerd?"

Wes gasps, "So the rumors are true!"

I shoot her a look. "Yes. I thought I already clarified this with you."

"Clarified what with who?" Taylor plops himself and his lunch tray down next to me as his two soccer friends plop themselves on either side of Wes who immediately scowls.

Choosing to ignore them, Wes looks at Taylor. "Violet was harassed by the school's bad boy in the hallway."

"You mean Jace Gray?" Taylor demands.

I groan into my hands, "Can you please stop saying his name?"

Wes replies to Taylor without acknowledging me, "Yes, that bad boy. Are there any other hot males that smoke, drink, and make out shamelessly with girls during free period?"

"Well, there are his friends," Taylor points out.

Wes rolls her eyes. "He's the badass of them all, and all of Whitmore High knows it. Anyway, he shoved her up against a locker, called her a nerd, and... what else, Vi?"

I sigh into my hands and mutter, "And he threatened to get me back."

The whole table gasps dramatically as I roll my eyes.

"How dare he shove you up against the lockers," Taylor growls at the same time Wes says, "How dare he threaten you."

Wes and Taylor glance at each other, annoyed before huffing immaturely and looking back at me. I bite my lip to stifle my laugh at how childish they are acting and furrow my brows to appear agitated.

"Do you think I wanted him to harass me?" I ask them incredulously.

"Yes." One of Taylor's friends says this: Drew.

I shoot him a knowing look as he shrugs innocently, and glance back at Wes, "Yeah, I'm aware that I'm the talk of the school for today, but it'll all disperse by tomorrow and I'll go back to being the nobody who slaves away for hours at the hands of homework and is best friends with the soccer captain and the fashion guru."

I really should have knocked on wood at that moment because not a second after I spoke those words, something splatted hard against my back. I whip myself around, my gape intended for whoever chucked that meatball at me and I find none other than Jace Gray himself. I scowl instead, not wanting to lay my eyes on his cocky smirk in a lifetime.

"Seriously? Do you know how immature that was?"

The bastard just smirks wider. "That wasn't immature. It was justice."

I'm now aware that the whole cafeteria has gone silent, even the lunch ladies.

"Justice?" I question angrily. "Justice for what? You were the one that shoved me into a locker!"

He chucks another meat ball at me and it lands on the front of my shirt instead of the back, "You've got it all wrong, sweetheart. I didn't shove you into a locker, I merely slammed you up against one."