♫Chapter 21- I'm Small, but I'm Mighty♫

Chapter Twenty-One

"So basically you have two weeks until you have to send in your application and record yourself before they absolutely won't accept you?"

"Basically," I tell Jace. I just got done explaining my predicament with my dream college, Juilliard, and I'm attempting at subtly hinting that for the recording, I want to play his Steinway beautiful grand piano. So far, he hasn't picked up the hint.

"Wow," Jace responds, surprised, "Do you know how hard that school is to get into?"

I stand up from his chair in the corner and huff, crossing my arms over my chest, "Are you implying that I'm not good enough?"

Jace's eyes widen considerably and he hastily replies, "No, not at all! You're amazing, seriously! I can't put into words how talented you are."

My heart melts and I feel my facial expression soften, "Then why would you doubt my chances of getting into Juilliard, huh Einstein?"

He groans and runs a hand through his hair, "I never did doubt you and I never have doubted you."

My heart skips a beat and I feel a subtle blush begin to creep up onto my cheeks, "Oh, that's cool."

God damn, Violet! Is that the best you could say?! I internally smack myself over the head with a frying pan. I really need to learn how to speak properly around him if we're going to stay friends.

He laughs and the blush slowly spreads across my whole face. I bet I look extremely attractive right now with a beet red face.

I bury my face in my hands, "It's useless! You never picked up any of the subtle hints I've dropped in front of you!"

He raises an amused eyebrow but doesn't say anything.

"Oh for fudge's sake, can I play your piano for my recording?"

He snorts, "Why didn't you just ask in the first place?"

I huff and say defensively, "Well, I didn't think you would let me, so I decided to take a different, calmer approach than just abruptly asking you."

"You hints weren't even that obvious! Even Einstein couldn't figure out what you were implying!"

"Woah, Jace just used a big boy word," I gasp, fake awe plastered all over my face, "The world is ending!"

"Woah, Rainbow is using so much sarcasm today," Jace replies sarcastically, "The world is ending!"

I smirk at him, "Woah, Jace can't catch me, the world is ending."

I quickly spring up from where I'm seated in his family room and sprint out of the room into a long, narrow hallway (which is extremely difficult to do considering I'm running on hard wood floor with cabin socks on). Behind me, I hear a grunt of surprise before Jace is up and chasing after me.

I regret my decision to challenge him to capture me when I reencounter the situation from two days ago. I clutch onto the stair railing as I ascend to the upper level and again, internally smack myself with a frying pan.

I'm surprised I don't have an internal concussion or brain damage by this point.

Hell, I'm surprised I haven't died yet, especially since I'm currently sliding around the hallways and narrowly avoiding crashing into desks and picture frames.

Why didn't I take my cabin socks off before I madly dashed away from Jace?!

Quickly, I round the hallway until I'm face to face with the closed door to the music room. Yeah, notice how I said closed? Well that's very unfortunate for me because I just ran right into it.