26

The ride back to campus was awkward to say the least. Yeonjun had done his best to ignore soobin for the rest of the few days they spent on vacation. Soobin picked up on his behavior and began to return the favor by ignoring him as well. Soobin was still utterly confused about the entire situation, but he figured yeonjun was just being immature.

The others had been treading lightly with the two eldest clearly going through something. Yeonjun hadn't told anyone what caused the sudden change in their relationship, and well, soobin had nothing to tell.

With ningning now squeezed into the car, she sat between kai and soobin, taehyun sat on the other side of soobin. Beomgyu sat up front beside yeonjun while he drove. The car ride was silent, just the sound of faint music coming from the radio.

Soobin had started to notice how close yeonjun and ningning had become. He remembered the night she first came, the two were whispering and giggling on the couch, not paying the others any mind. Once yeonjun had begun to ignore him, he started noticing their whispering and secret conversations even more. He was just unable to pick up on the subject at hand, so he brushed it off as flirting.

Soobin wouldn't admit this to anyone, but he was hurting. Yeonjun quickly grew to be someone he cared for in just a few months. The two spent every night together, laughing and playing around like children. Going from best friends, with the potential to be more, to not acknowledging the others existence in just one night was heartbreaking. Soobin was waiting to arrive back to campus so he could rush to his room and cry his eyes out. He didn't want yeonjun to be aware of how much he was affected by the situation, or anyone for that matter.

Taehyun and beomgyu exited yeonjuns car together, shortly after the others.

"We've got to fix this..." taehyun rubbed his forehead, clearly distressed by the situation as well.

"We do, lord knows they won't fix it themselves... but we don't even know what happened."

Taehyun was silent for a few minutes, beomgyu thought he wasn't going to reply. "They were good the entire trip, right? Something changed when ningning came along." Taehyun spoke in disbelief, but he just couldn't piece together what could've changed within the few hours she had spent with them.

Beomgyu nodded along with what taehyun was stating, "Maybe, we should get kai to speak with her."

Taehyun nodded and whipped his phone out, he sent kai a quick text and turned his attention back to beomgyu. "Don't you sort of feel bad for him?"

Taehyun shook his head, "eh, she's cute but theirs girls way hotter than her." Beomgyu squinted his eyes in return.

Taehyun raised his hands in surrender, "I'm still gay."

———————

Soobin laid sprawled out across his messy bed. He had already been crying for hours and just couldn't muster up the energy to cry anymore. Suddenly, he heard someone unlock his door and creak the door open. Upon hearing the door unlock, he already knew who it was.

"Tae, what're you doing?"

Taehyun grinned menacingly and waved a pint of ice cream around, "Get two spoons." Soobin said, glancing from the ice cream and back to taehyun.

"Beomgyu ditched me for the unspoken of, so... ice cream?"

Soobin giggled and wiped his tear stained cheeks as taehyun handed him a spoon, "Ice cream it is."