Chapter Thirty One

Three days and I have been avoiding Will. I'm pretty sure he was avoiding me too. We just cause each other too much stress. But nearly as much stress as Adsila caused me.

"Again!" she said.

  The six of us girls left started to moan out all of the Illean Provinces. We've been memorizing them, as if we hadn't already done so in elementary school, and naming their governors. Which I felt was absurd. By the time one of us was princess there would probably be all new governors!

Adsila nodded once in approval. "Good"

   Her black hair was down today and it framed her tan face. Adsila was young, beautiful, and rather exotic looking with such intense gray eyes. I kept wiggling my pencil back and forth, impatiently waiting for a miracle. We had another hour of Adsila's lessons and I was ready to jump out the window. 

  Adsila went on to the New Asia part of her lesson. I listened intently but there weren't any new or interesting details. Same old same old. Illea was being pushed into making a decision. While there were threats coming in from New Asia recently I highly doubted they'd ever actually go through with any of them.

   Finally Adsila dismissed us. We all went to the Women's Room afterwards for some tea. Except Cecilia. She said she had something to see first.

More like someone.

                                                                       ***

     I found myself wondering around the palace halls after dinner time. I was tired of the mindless chatter and during my long walk I realized just how long the selection had been going. When was it just goin to be over already? I was literally getting tired of being here. I was around the same exact people all the time, listening to the same exact conversations, and fighting with the same prince everyday.

   Where was the break of daily routine going to come?

   So say by some miracle I do end up staying. Will I be this bored as a princess? It was just so infuriating doing nothing all day. I hated being pampered and looking pretty all day. At first this was an enjoyable vacation but now it was prison! I was being held captive inside these walls. There was no one for me to take care of or look after. There was no work for me to do either. 

    I sat around all day looking deep into my heart and thinking about my feelings. I didn't want to do that. I'm always so scared of what I might find.

That was when I heard the sound of gun shots.