Chapter Seven

I wrapped my arms around myself trying to fend off the cold. Tears rolled off my cheeks like balling balls and my lashes were so soaked I couldn't see ahead of me. The halls of the palace were dark aside from the light of the moon and some lit candles.

   The stiches keeping my heart together were tearing.

Pop.

Pop.

Pop.

  They went as they broke. I'm so fed up with this. I don't want to be a princess. I don't want to be in the Selection. And I sure as Hell DON'T want to compete for a stupid prince. 

    I walked into my bedroom and shut the door behind me. Immediately Junebug and Alma jumped to their feet. Esmeralda was coming out of the bathroom and when she saw my face she dropped the mop and bucket and ran over to embrace me.

"What happened?" she asked.

When I opened my mouth to speak an involuntary sob came out and I burried my face in her shoulder to smother it.

Junebug was rubbing my back and Alma stroked my hair looking completely lost.

"I don't want to be here anymore" I cried. "I want to go home"

                                                                        **********

    After having explained what happened it took a long time to convince Alma not to go killing anyone. I sat in the bath tub filled with lavendar scented bubbles while Esmeralda combed out my hair. There was a knock at the door and immediately I jumped. I grabbed Esmeralda's wrist.

"If its him don't let him in"

Alma pressed her lips together and shared a look with the rest of the girls.

"I'll answer it then" Junebug stood up and walked over to the door.

   The girls rushed up to the bathroom door and leaned their heads against the door to listen.

"Is she hear? Please, I'd just like to speak to her."

  Alma and Esmeralda both looked at me and I shook my head.

Don't let him in here!

"I'm so sorry your majesty," Junebug replied. "Lady Alessandra is very tired and ill. She doesn't wish to speak to anyone at the moment"

There was a deeo sigh. "Well then tell her to call for me please?"

"Yes your majesty"

   A moment later Junebug came back into the bathroom and everyone looked at her expecting something huge. Junebug tucked a strand of her honey blonde hair behind her ear.

"He really wants to talk to you."

I threw my head back. "Ugh"

-

-

-

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you guys have basically waited five days for an update that would sink your ship XD I'm laughing so hard right now.

Honnest to God I'm really sorry you guys apparently Alessandra thinks she can do things on her own and she's not sticking to the romantic story plot I planned for this story.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh FREAKING CHARACTERS THINKING THEY RUN SHITZZZ

Anyway try not to die ahahah. Allie seems pretty pissed off and Will is M.I.A way too much.

Any predictions????? Comment and press the pretty little star!

DOn't forget to check out my other story The Victorian Hourglass!!!

Love you to bits and piecess!!!!!!!!!

XOXO Lilly