Chapter Thirty Eight

Will just wouldn't stay still.

"Will!"

"What? I'm sorry" he said.

   I smiled up at him and crinkled my nose. As I tied his tie he still seemed a bit frazzled and anxious. I carefully tightened his tie then buttoned the buttons on his suit jacket and smoothed out the collars. I smiled at him again.

"There. See? Simple. Now stop worrying" I rose on my toes to kiss him. "You'll do fine."

Will smiled at em and kissed my hands. "Now that you've said that I'm ten times better"

   My stomach was beginning to hurt and I knew I was just nervous. We stood in the hallway that lead to his mother's office and I had to figure out a way to keep my knees from shaking. There was a strange sensation that traveled through my body, from my toes to my fingertips that I couldn't identify. Of the thirty five girls that walked through those palace doors all those months ago he chose me.

He did not choose Krystal the vibrant and funny one.

He did not choose Tiny the kind and wholesome one.

He did not choose Ora the fiery and strong willed one.

Nor did he choose Cecilia the lady like and head strong one.

But he chose me, Alessandra the quiet and clumsy one.

   It took me a while to digest this and I feel as though I still am. I simply couldn't believe that he was  going to make me his.

It just seemed too easy.

"Will"

    It felt like cold ice water started to run through my veins. Will and I turned our heads to see the Queen standing, having just turned the corner, and from the look on her face she didn't seem too pleased. Her brown eyes turned stony and her dark hair was tied back in a french bun. She wore her crown today and a velvet dress that made her look superior and intimidating looking. I felt my knees buckle.

"Mother" Will cleared his throat. "I was just coming to see you"

"Oh God," she muttered with a hint of distaste. "Get inside my office"

   At first I didn't understand her approach. We looked like two normal people standing near an office door. But Will and his mother seemed to have been reading each other's minds and I didn't understand. I wasn't being let in on a certain something.

"I suppose I'll have to call father now" Will said as he turned away. "This is going to be a long afternoon"

                                                                        ****

    I sat in a dark leather chair with my head down staring at my folded hands. It was becoming increasingly more difficult not to cry. But I bit the inside of my cheek an managed to keep my eyes dry. Once the King came we had settled ourselves into the Queen's office. The Queen was pacing back and forth, Will was leaning nonchalantly against a book case, and the King looked distressed sitting at his wife's desk.

"You couldn't just wait a while could you!" the Queen threw her arm up as she continued to pace her office. "And her, of all the girls to choose!"

  Suddenly I felt the rock lodge its self in my throat and it didn't move. I turned to look out the window and Will immediately caught sight of me reaction. He nearly flew off the bookcase he was leaning against.

"That's enough, mother" he said fiercely. "For Queen you're not showing such decent mannerism."

She stopped dead in her tracks. "Excuse me?" she nearly squealed, all high pitched and squeaky.