Chapter Thirty Five

"Ora!" I squealed. "You little tramp!"

Ora's musical laughter on the other side of the phone filled my heart with joy. "Hey at least I'm not getting it on with the prince"

I rolled my eyes and leaned against the wall. "Oh shut up."

   I could sense her smiling through the phone.

"How's Italia!" I said.

"Oh my God!" she exclaimed. "The food is amazing!"

"You're in one of the most historical places in the world and you're talking about food?" I asked.

"Um." it went silent. "Who do you think you're talking to"

I laughed and shook my head.

"Anyway the food is amaze balls. I had gelato. And pizza. And pasta. I'm going to seriously get fat. But Godfrey is going to have to deal with it. He might have to roll me onto the plane back home." she laughed. "Oh man, Maia, it's amazing here! You should see it here! Everything is so beautiful"

"I want to know how you snuck yourself on a plane to Italy"

  I looked at Will and he shrugged innocently.

Ora laughed in that way that I knew she was going to be in trouble. "Well like you see I kinda told Godfrey oh wait crap BABE!!!!!!!!!!!'

I winced and pulled my ear away from the phone.

"HAVE YOU SEEN MY FUSHIA DRESS?'

I looked at Will and he just laughed shaking his head.

"What do you want me to do? Pull it out from thin air?" Godfrey said. I swear his accent makes everything better.

"Uck!" Ora must have been rolling her eyes. "I have to go. I don't know where bubble brain put the dry cleaning after he picked it up yesterday. Oh wait! NILES HAVE YOU SEEN MY DRY CLEANING?!?!?"

I pulled my ear away and had to shake my head a bit to get my hearing working again.

"Oh crap I gotta go babes I can't find that damn dress!"

I laughed. "Well have fun. And now sleeping in each other's hotel rooms you crazy animal"

Ora gasped. "I would do no such thing!"

I smiled. "Bye Ora!"

"BYE MAIA!"

  I laughed and hung up the phone. I turned to face Will and he had the kind of smile on his face that made someone else want to smile.

"I figured you might want to hear from her"

I nodded. "I did. Thank you."

"Now the other half."

"Other half of what?"

"Your surpise"

"My surprise?"

"Yes?"

I looked at him then at the phone. "But wasn't that my surprise"

Will shrugged and made a face. "Of course not."

                                                                          ***********
"Will!"

"Keep nagging and I really won't let you go"

"But I can't see anything!" I replied. "What if I fall?"

"Don't you trust me?"

"NO!"

"Well then..."

   Will's hand were over my eyes and my hands were extended. I tried to feel my way around but my hands touched nothing but air. We turned a few corners and walked up a flight of stairs but I didn't have a clue as to where we were. Will's hands fell from my eyes but I kept them closed as he took my hands.

"If you peek I swear I won't marry you"

I laughed. "Can I have that in writing?"

   I couldn't see his face but I'm pretty sure he gave me a sarcastic one. He let go of my hands and I heard the sound of a key entering a lock. I was tempted to open my eyes but that would only ruin the surprise. Will took my hands again and I felt a draft. I must have walked into another room.

"Don't move" he said.

  I opened my mouth for a witty retort but decided I might just keep my mouth shut. I heard the swish sound of curtains being pulled back and I felt the burn of the setting sun touch my skin. Suddenly the place became bright and I was aching to open my eyes. 

"Alright" Will took my hands. "Ready?"

I nodded.

"Alright." he let out a deep breath. "Open"