Chapter Six

"No"

"But-!"

"No."

"BUT-!"

"NO!"

Junebug's lips puckered. "But-!"

"UGHHH!!!" I turned around and stalked into the bathroom.

"You can't hide from me Alessandra!" Esmeralda called. "I will put these eyelashes on you!"

   I stuck my tounge out to no one in particular and faced the bathroom mirror. I grabbed the bar of soap and started washing the make up from my voice. We were going to be on the Report tonight for something important. I think they were some more interviews and then tomorrow we have a phot shoot.

    In traditional Esmeralda fashion she tried dumping her entire make up box on my face but I had preffered she not. After yanking the jewels out of my hair I grabbed a towel and tried shaking the glitter out. Why do girls need so much glitter in their hair?!

   I stepped out of the bathroom good as new and put my hands on my hips. Esmeralda tied back her huge hair and went through her make up kit while Alma cleaned the bed and Junebug finished sewing some lace gloves together.

"Ok" I said. "Nothing fake, nothing sparkly, and absolutely nothing that I need to apply with staples and a hot glue gun!"

"You're no fun" Esmeralda raised an eyebrow at me. "Uck. Come here so I can attempt to make you pretty."

                                                                                     *****

    I took a peak behind the curtain. I saw the chairs set up and the seats where the royal family was supposed to sit. I let the curtain fall back in place and I turned around to wobble back to my seat. Tiny giggled.

"Don't you think that dress is a bit too tight?" she asked.

   Tiny looked lovely in a soft green empire gown and there were jewels pinned to her hair. She sat on a stool with her back straight as a pole and her delicate gloved hands folded in her lap. I chuckled.

"I can't breath"

   Apparently Alma felt the need to stick me in a dress four sizes too small. My figure looked like cartooned hour glass with a bottom and bust far too large for a ten inch waist. It was a stunning satin red trumpet style mermaid dress that was off the shoulders. It had an open back, like all my other dresses, and due to the bone that gave the dress its shape I felt it dig into my skin.

   I wobbled over to the black leather couch they had back stage and when I attempted to sit I squealed and laid down.

Cecilia laughed. "Need help there?

I giggled. "It's ok" I dipped my head back and raised my arm in a dramatic stance. "Do I look seductive enough?"

     I fluttered my eyelashes and the girls giggled. 

  For about ten minutes after that the girls and I sat there back stage waiting until we were called. Finally when we were called on stage I noticed something strange about the set up. They must have changed it. We were set up in a line and on the left end of the line was Gavril's chair but on the right end of the line another seat was positioned at an angle and a few feet further from the rest.

   We all took our seats, Tiny and Cecilia on my left and Krystal on my right. Ora came in a few minutes late and sat in the last seat on the right. Vanessa leaned over to whipser something in her ear and she laughed. Quickly, I averted my eyes and tried to calm my heartbeat. The royals were sitting where they always were and Will wasn't here yet.