Chapter Eight

The keys on the piano, if they were human, would have been yelling at me by now. I pounded them, and pounded them as hard as I could occasionally lifting my hand to scribble lyrics in my journal. I spent all morning in the music room and when I looked outside I noticed it was late afternoon and it would be better if I headed downstairs. Sooner or later people would start looking for me and I'd be in trouble if I wasn't at that photoshoot at Five.

    I gathered my journal and headed downstairs making sure to lock the door to the music room. I counted the steps I took and let my fingers glide across the wall as I walked. I felt like I was avoiding my problems but could anyone really blame me? I'm dying to get eliminated already. I just want to get eliminated already!

"Lady Alessandra!"

  As I passed by the library I turned around to see a worker run up to meet me.

"Yes?"

"There's a call waiting for you on line seven" she said.

                                                                           **********

Hesitantly I picked up the phone and put it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Allie?"

I gasped. "Thomas?"

I heard him chuckled. "Nice to hear from you too"

I looked around to make sure no one was listening and I went back to the phone. "Thomas I didn't know you'd call"

"Tha's kind of the point," he said. "How are you"

"I'm fine" I bit my nails. "And you?"

"I'm fine. I was just wondering, I'm going to be in Carolina tomorrow"

"Oh are you?"

I could imagine him nodding. "Yes. I finished all filming for the rest of the year"

I leaned my head against the wall. Maybe if I'd waited a few more months I would be home and Thomas would show up at my door. I didn't let my mind wander to the thought and I felt my heart constrict.

"That's wonderful" I choked out instead.

"I was just wondering if it would be alright if I stopped by to you know" he spoke in a way that I knew he felt uncomfortable. "If I stopped by to check up on your father"

I felt myself smile. "Of course Thomas don't be silly. I'm sure he'd be happy to see you"

Thomas laughed. "It wouldn't be awkward that your ex-boyfriend went to visit your dad?"

I burst into laughter. "No!" I insisted. "No of course not. You know you're like family."

I heard the smile in his voice. "Alright then."

"Alright then."