Chapter Forty One

There was a knock on the door and I quickly folded up Emilie's letter to me.

"Come in!"

    Will walked in and shut the door behind him, trying to make as little noise as possible. One look at him and I felt my heart melt. Will was the kind of handsome that held an air of authority that seemed to add years to his age and make him look more like a distinguished gentleman. But with his hair all scruffy and the top few bottons on his shirt undone he looked his actual age.

He looks 19.

And a damn gorgeous 19 year old at that.

"I have something for you" he said and walked over to where I sat at my desk.

  I shut my journal and slid over on the stool to make room for him but he didn't sit. Instead he walked over and bent down one knee beside me.

"Alright" he said fishing his hand into his pocket. "I'm not good at grand surprises"

I chuckled. "I can tell"

Will had a piece of thick parchment paper in his hands and he unfolded it. Before showing it to me his lips thined out and he looked a bit nervous. "I'm not sure if you'll like it or not. I wasn't sure what you wanted it to look like, this is just a sketch-"

"Will" I tilted my head. "what is it"

  Will let out a deep breath before he handed me the paper. I took the paper with a funny smile but once my eyes hit the sketch on the paper my smile faded. Drawn with a pencil was an engagement. It looked simple but elegant. A simple band with a square cut diamond resting in an intricate bed of swirling lines of silver. It was so beautiful it nearly look my breath away. i touched the sketch and Will must have misread my silence because his face fell.

"You don't like it?" he asked.

I gasped and held it to my chest. "No, no of course not Will. I-" I swallowed the tears and looked at the paper. "It's beautiful. I love it."

He let out a sigh of relief. "Are you sure? Is that what you want?"

I looked at the sketch again.

"Because I was talking to the designer he can change it if you want"

I pressed my lips together and shook my head. 

"Are you alright?" he took my hand. "Why are you crying?"

   I turned to put the paper on my desk before I turned around and threw my arms around his neck. He was off balance for a moment and he wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Um"

I squeezed him tight.

"I take it you like the ring? I know you don't like anything extravgant"

I pulled away to look at him. He must be nervous. He won't stop talking.

"And I figured something traditonal might be nice"

I smiled at hime.

"So the designer and I were talking and-"

    I shut him up the only way I knew how. I took hsi face in my hands and bringing his mouth to meet mine kissed him. It was a beautiful ring, a lovely ring, it was perfect and he didn't need to worry. Will touched my face and kissed me back, his lips moving against mine in the same way they always did. Warm, sweet, and intoxicating his kiss filled my heart to its full capacity and I was nearly leaking sunshine. 

   He eased me off the stool and I sat on his lap, his mouth parting mine, and I began to wonder what it would be like if we did get married. We would be like this all day everyday.

It didn't seem like such a bad idea after all.