The Reunion

Here I am standing in front of my mirror holding two outfits in each of my hands, totally confused about which one should I go with. One was a lightweight white cotton shirt which I decided to pair with a short mid-length skirt with check print, and the other one was a peach, off shoulder dress. After fighting for a long time with my inner thoughts, I finally decided to go with the first outfit.

Gosh!!! Dressing up can be really tough sometimes

Gosh!!! Dressing up can be really tough sometimes. I then applied some eyeliner and mascara on my eyes and a pink lip balm.

I looked at the clock and it was 11:40 am, I took my black leather sling bag and made my way downstairs. The cab I booked was already here, so I quickly got inside it. Through out the whole ride my mind only kept thinking about Ryan. A part of me still wished I shouldn't have ended it with him, that I should've ignored whatever everyone were telling about our relationship but the other part felt that I did the right thing. Come on, after all it's Ryan Walker we are talking about here. He could've any girl he'd want and by now he must've forgotten about me. Now when I think about this, I feel Ivy and Brittany were right, I was a nobody and I didn't deserve him. He's too good for me.

The cab soon arrived at the address Aiden texted me earlier, and there he was standing right in front of a tall building, looking absolutely dashing. He looked so good, even in his casuals.

"Done staring at me, Miss?"

"Oh huh.....oops. ..sorry....I wasn't-"

"Haha....calm down. I don't mind you checking me out. Btw, are you gonna come out of the cab or do you just plan to stay there for today."

"Oh, yeah, right." Speaking of embarrassment, I think I've made myself much of that already. Mentally face palming myself, I got out, uttering a small 'thanks' to the driver.

"So what do you have in store for me today, Miss Baker"?

"Ahh, that's so cheesy. Anyways, first I want to take you to 'the heart of the world' NYC's Times Square. So let's get going? I should warn you, I'm gonna make you walk a hell lot today, so better not make a fuss about it."

"I don't mind. Let's go."

The next hour was super bliss. Aiden was so easy going that I didn't even feel a tad uncomfortable with him. We sat there and talked, laughed, hugged Mickey Mouse(which he did after I literally begged him) and clicked almost thousands of photographs. I must say he looked super adorable with a Mickey holding him tight.

"Shall we move on to our next location?"

"Definitely."

"It's almost lunch time. So I want to take you to Bubby's. Their pancakes and spiked lemonade are amazingly yummy. Moreover, the prices are moderate."

-------------

"God, Twila. You were so right. I loved it here."

"I know, right." I said, slightly proud of myself.

"What's next?" Excitement could be sensed in his words.

"Calm down. Wanna go for a stroll in the Brooklyn Bridge?"

"Are you really asking me? Of course, yes!"

Once we reached there, I could feel a soft marine breeze whiffing up from the river, there were hundreds of people walking, jogging, biking past us, smartphones and selfie sticks raised in all directions. Nostalgia hitting me hard, I almost forgot the feeling of being here, the last time I had been here was ages ago.

I looked over at Aiden who was looking excited like a kid in a candy store. It was so adorable, that I couldn't even control myself and I burst into laughter. He turned over and rolled his eyes.

"What? You look cute." I said in between laughs.

"Now, that's undebatable." He said with a wink.

"Okay Mr Proudy,  are we done yet? So tell me what do you think about the place?"

"It's awesome, Twila.The best one yet." He wasn't even lying when he said that, I could see the honesty in his eyes.

"Yup, that's right. Dad used to bring me and Ally here at least once in a month when we were kids. It was one of my best childhood memories." As soon as the words came out of my mouth, I saw the hurt in his face. That's when I realized I shouldn't have said that.

"Shit...I am sorry..umm..I didn't.. mean to..umm.. hurt you..sorry-"

"Hey hey, listen it's okay.." He said once he saw my discomfort. "Just cause I've got a shitty father, doesn't mean you can't talk about your's."

We continued walking. "So where are you staying?" I asked casually.

"Eh.. at a hotel." His face showing no emotions.

"Oh! I thought-"

"No, I'm not staying at my father's place. I'm here for a week and staying there for such a long time... can't handle that much drama."

I replied him with a small smile. "And what about your interview.. when is that?"

"Tommorrow."

We talked for a little while, ate more snacks, had little laughs in between. We were so lost in our conversations, that we didn't even realise it was getting dark.

"Now, I want to take you to our final destination. C'mon."

"Wait, there's more?"

"Yup, just a last finishing touch." I took him to The Top of The Rock. I had already booked it as soon as he announced his arrival.

"Wow Twila. This. Is. Magical. Watching the sunset, away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Thanks a lot. I loved it."

------------------

"No seriously Aiden, it's fine, I can go home alone. Besides its late and you have an important interview tomorrow and you need to prepare yourself for that."

"Are you sure?" Concern visible in his eyes.

"A hundred percent."

"So...Miss Baker, thanks for the amazing day, and for being the best tour guide. I absolutely enjoyed our little reunion." He said giving his famous wink and I couldn't stop myself from blushing. "Come on Twila, play it cool", my inner voice started telling me.

"Glad you did. See you soon." I said trying my best to not show I was blushing. Today was truly great, and honestly it helped me take my mind off all the recent drama that's been happening in my life.