The Aftermath

I reached home, and the only thing I wanted to do now was to sleep. I guess it is the only thing that will make me forget my problems for a while. So I quickly changed into my black and red checkered pyjamas with a red tank top.

 So I quickly changed into my black and red checkered pyjamas with a red tank top

By the time I woke up, Ali was home. She entered my room and sat down on the bed near me.

"Hey!! You look miserable. Jen told me you were not feeling well, so you came home. But come on, I know you better than anyone. So tell me what happened?"

I told her everything and throughout the whole time her expression changed from sad to concern to anger. At last I finished telling her everything and then she started talking.

"C'mon Twila, look at the brighter side. You are famous. Everyone will notice you now."

"That's what makes it worse. I don't want to get noticed. Moreover I would rather be unpopular than being famous this way."

"I know.. I was just trying to cheer up your mood."

"Thanks Ali, but it's not helping. You'll never understand how I'm feeling right now, you know about Ryan hating me."

"Well, you know what they say. When you love someone, set them free. And if they really love you, they'll come back." She said smirking at me.

"Oh Ali could you for once come up with something original? I know you're quoting Alex Russo."

In my mind I was actually thinking about Ali's words. I should really stop worrying about this whole Ryan thing. I have tried talking to him today but if he only wants to believe what he has heard from other people rather than me, then it's fine.

If he is really meant for me, then he'll definitely come back. I was lost in my thoughts, that's when I felt Ali calling out my name loudly.

"God Twila, why do you daydream so much. Anyways stop wasting your time and let's do something fun." She said in her most exciting tone.

"Well, what fun thing do you want me to do now Ali?" I asked her annoyingly.

"Let's bake."

"Hmm...that sounds okay."

"So get up now, and freshen up your self Twila. You look like you haven't bathe for years. I'll be waiting downstairs."

I got up from my bed and tied my hair into a tight bun. When I looked at the watch on my table, it said 6:45 pm, I didn't realise it's been this late. Then I headed for a quick shower, I actually love these evening showers, they really freshen you up.

I came back and changed myself into a white crop top and a pink shorts. When I switched on my phone, I saw it had three missed calls from Jen. I decided to call her. She picked up the call in the first ring.

"Hey, why did you keep your phone switched off? You know I was worried about you."

"I know, thanks Jen but I really needed a good sleep to keep my mind off from all the things that happened today. I didn't feel like talking to anyone."

"Yeah I get it, I went through the same phase too. Anyways I saw you at the parking lot today with Ryan. And later he seemed really pissed off , maybe disturbed actually. Did something happen between you two?"

I told her everything that happened after I ran into him in the parking.

"How are you feeling now?"

"I'm feeling better. Ali and I are going to do some baking. I think it'll help me forget some of my problems."

"Yeah, it'll be a stress buster to you. Anyways I just called to check if you're okay. And you know what, I'm happy that you're not overthinking about it."

"Hmm, thanks Jen. I'm trying my best to keep my mind off those things."

"Yeah, don't lose your hope. My instincts say that everything will be alright, and for your information I need to tell you that my instincts never go wrong."

"Oh yeah." I said rolling my eyes.

"Okay girl, got to go. Mom's calling. Talk to ya later and take care. Bye."

"Bye."

And with that we both said goodbyes to each other. I headed downstairs, where I saw Ali standing by the kitchen counter. She was already ready with her apron and had gathered all the essential ingredients.

"So are we ready chef?" She asked excitedly when she saw me approaching.

"Yes." I replied with the same excitement as hers.

We decided to make some brownies. Throughout our whole baking time Ali kept me busy with her poor jokes. Though they were like really stupid but they helped me to forget about my problems.

When we took the brownies out of the oven, they looked mouthwatering. As we duck into it, we zoned out into its heavenly taste. We really had a lot of fun while making them.
*****************************

Author's Note:
Hey guys!!! Please don't forget to vote, share and comment. We'll meet you in the next chapter. Till then, adios amigos.

Love :)
Nadiya and Neha