Meet the grandparents

After all the baking session, it was time for Mom and Dad to reach home. We all ate dinner together and went for sleep. I was relieved by the fact that the following two days, school will be closed. Which means I'll get some time to take those things out of my mind. And I guess they would forget about it after.

Sunday , as I have already mentioned is the day for quality family time. By the time I woke up, mom and dad had already freshened up, I guess they might be going somewhere for work . As I walked down the stairs, dad said:

"Good morning honey."

"Good morning dad. Are you two going somewhere?"

"Yeah, we all are going somewhere. On a three-day trip. I didn't tell you yesterday because I wanted to keep it a surprise. Well now, you better get ready or we'll be late."

"What! A vacation? Why dad?"

Just then Mom appeared and said. "Come on Twila, we all need a break from our hectic lives. So stop sulking your face and go get ready."

"Okay mom. Where are we going by the way?"

"To your grandparents house in Nashville." She said excitedly.

"Oh I miss gramms and gramps so much. Fine. I'll be ready Asap." I said and headed to my room. Deep down I actually agreed with mom that she was right about this, we all need a break. I thought that maybe this vacation would help me keep my mind off things that are happening in my life right now. So I was kinda happy with this surprise. Besides we couldn't visit our grandparents house last summer due to Mom and Dad's work load. It's always a nice treat to visit the countryside, away from the city life.

I went for a shower and took out a white dress and a pair of gladiator from my closet.

After getting ready and having done all the packing, I headed downstairs. I heard mom and dad talking about something . As I crept closer I could make out what they were talking about.
"I think this trip will help Twils to cheer up her mood. In the last few days I have noticed she seems very lost." Dad said.

"Yeah, I appreciate the fact that Ali shared with us that she's feeling a little lonely, the last few days. Otherwise Twila wouldn't have said anything about this. She doesn't want us to give any tension because of her. She has always been like this, hardly sharing her feelings, from childhood. I hate the fact that I couldn't give her the Mother-Daughter quality time she deserves." Mom added.

"Oh honey, our Twils is very mature, I am sure she understands." Dad said probably trying to cheer up her mood.

I was wonder struck . This trip is to brighten my mood!!!! Ali really thinks so much for me. Well I'm lucky to have such little sister and such a great family. She shows as if she doesn't care but in reality she does. Also I'm really thankful to her for the fact that she didn't tell them about the Ryan thing. I know it would've freaked them out.

I pretended that I didn't know anything about this and went to Ali's room. She was already dressed and was packing her things. I just went and give a tight warm bear hug to her. She was kinda surprised. I only said one thing to her, "Thank you."

And then I made my way out of her room, towards the kitchen. After having our breakfast, we headed towards our grandparents house. I always liked road trips. Specially when you have One direction songs to sing along. After travelling for almost four hours, we finally reached our destination. We saw Gramms and Gramps standing at the entrance door, waiting for us. Then Ali and I went near them and embraced them with a tight hug.

Gramms is the most sweet, warm and welcoming person I have ever came across. I have always been a big fan of her delicious, mouth watering apple pies.
Gramps is the coolest member of our family. When Ali and I were kids he use to tell us these awesome tales about Nashville, about their traditions, it's food and its people.

Another reason why I love being here is because of Luna, my beautiful brown horse. She had been with my grandparents since she was a foal. We kinda grew up together and became like the bestest of friends. When dad first got his job, and we had to move into the city, I was really sad to leave her behind.

Author's Note:
Hey guys!! How do you like this chapter? Please vote, comment and share our story. See you guys in the next chapter. Till then take care and Adios Amigos.

Love :)
Nadiya & Neha