"Let's bake !!!!"

As usual the last bell rang and we made our way out of the school. Just as I said goodbye to Jen and started heading towards my car, she stopped me.

"Hey Twils, there's this party at Davis's house. His parents will be out of town for some  business trip, everyone one is going. I'm going and you too have to."

"Davis as in Noah Davis ? He is a member of Tyson's group, isn't he? You know you're gonna see Tyson there. Won't you have a problem with that? "I asked her.

"No, who cares if Tyson's gonna be there or not. I just wanna forget about everything that happened to me or kept me low these last few days. Anyways leave all of this, be ready I'll pick you up at 7 pm."

"Wait Jen, I actually promised Ali that I would make cookies with her. Also don't you know me, I hate going to parties. Parties are not really my type of thing."

"Yeah yeah I know, sitting in the bed on a Friday night, thinking about your crush all night is your kinda thing. Am I right Twils?"

"Yeah whatever, Jen please don't start now." I said rolling my eyes.

"You're really not coming or what, Twils? You know I'm going to miss you babe."

"Awww...so sweet. Now stop being so dramatic. Ali's waiting for me. Have fun. Don't over drink and get yourself in trouble. You know I'll not be there to save you from all the embarrassment."

"Ok mom." She said sarcastically and we finally said goodbyes to each other. I reached my car, then Ali and I both got inside. Just as I started the engine, Ali started talking.

"So what were you talking with Jen?" She asked eagerly.

"Oh, she wanted me to come with her at Noah Davis party. "

"Then I already know the answer. You refused her, right? So what excuse did you give exactly?"

"Oh I didn't give her any excuses. We planned to make your favourite mint chocolate chip cookies, remember?"

"Oh,  yes. I totally forgot. "

After reaching home, we freshened ourselves and changed into our pyjamas. Yay!!! We are ready for baking. My mom and dad remain mostly busy with their work. So in order to keep ourselves engaged in some activity, Ali and I started watching baking lessons. We gradually started to take interest in it. And now, whenever we both are free, we do it.

It's actually on the Sundays that we get to spend some 'quality family time' with each other. Nevermind, it is because of their hardwork that we are able to live such a wonderful life and I'm really grateful to have such a loving family.

I went downstairs and entered the kitchen. I then wore my favourite blue apron and started gathering all the essential items. I called my little sister who showed very much eagerness at first to make cookies but now is busy watching some high school romcom movie on the TV.

"Ali, I'm ready. Come here and help me prepare the dough."

"Coming." She replied from her room.

"Ok Ali, at first I want you to steep the mint in butter for 30 minutes."

After gently mixing the dough with the chocolate chips, we let it bake for 11-12 minutes.

"So Twils, what happened this morning?"

"What happened?" I asked her eagerly.

"I mean you woke up early which is quite strange. Moreover you were glowing and I know it has something to do with Walker. So Twils, stop lying and tell me what is it?"

"Okay okay, but promise me that you won't overreact."

"Okay whatever, I promise. Now would you tell me."

"So yeah, actually the previous night Ryan sneaked into my room through the window."

"WHAAAAT the ......"

"Ali watch your language. Besides I asked you not to be dramatic, remember?"

"Yeah...but why did he do that?" She asked me impatiently.

"Yeah, I asked him but he did not reply, instead he changed the topic, and just like that I forgot to make him answer my question."

"Okay leave that, tell me what did guys talk about?"

"Oh just random talks...nothing much and then I fell asleep."

"Oh Twils you and your sleep just ruins everything. Who knows maybe something 'more' could've happened?"

"Shut up Ali. This is the reason why I don't feel like sharing such talks with you."

Tiiiinnnkkk.....

"Oh the cookies are ready!" Ali exclaimed.

I wore the gloves and took them out of the oven.

"Wow, they really look delicious. I must say both of our hard work did not go in vain." I said.

"Ummm...yeah, they really turned out good." Ali replied by taking a bite.

I also took my plate of cookies to my room

I also took my plate of cookies to my room. I thought I'll have them while doing my Mathematics homework. So, I headed upstairs and sat on my table. I heard a knock on my window and started thinking who it could be. My heart started beating fast, but just as I opened my window, turned out I was right about who it was.
                                                       *******************

Author's Note :

Hey guys!!!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Do you guys too like baking??
Let us know in the comments section below. Also vote and share our story. Meet you in the next chapter. Till then take care adios amigos.

Love :)
Nadiya and Neha