Chapter 20

The morning sun rays penetrating through my curtains and entering my eye was enough to wake me up the next morning. Oh not to forget the alarm clock as well. I would really miss those few days back with no school, getting up whenever you want. Huh! But I guess those good days are over now. These morning thoughts kept running inside my head, when I finally decided to put them aside and start getting ready for school. As usual I went my bathroom and returned after taking a quick shower. Opening the closet I took out my white top and navy green shirt and my blue ripped jeans which I paired it with a pair of white sneakers.

 Opening the closet I took out my white top and navy green shirt and my blue ripped jeans which I paired it with a pair of white sneakers

I took a quick sneak peek out of my window before heading down. (Has become a habit,I guess)

After having our breakfast Ali and I headed out for school on my car. After reaching school, we both said our goodbyes. I entered the hallway and saw my dear friend Jen standing by her locker talking with a boy who I suppose must be Jacob. I couldn't see his face as his back was facing towards me, but I could make out that she was smiling and blushing at something he was saying. I quickly went near them. As Jen saw me, her eyes sparkled with joy and the corner of her mouth slid upwards turning into a big smile. That moment made me realise that sure she did missed me. Without saying anything we both indulged into a tight bear hug. After releasing from the hug, she started speaking.

"Gosh Twila you're finally here, I missed you like crazy."

"I missed you too Jen. But I guess it was a much needed vacation."

"Yeah.. But whatever now you're here. Meet Jacob, my boyfriend." She said introducing the boy who was standing right next to her. He had a gorgeous pair of brown eyes and a quiff hairstyle. He was good looking, masculine and tall almost a head taller than me. He was wearing a black T shirt with blue jeans and black and white DC shoes. He looked down at me and with a beautiful smile said.

"Hey, so Twila right? Jacob here." He said while extending his hand for a handshake.

"Yeah well, Hi Jacob ! " I said returning his handshake.

"Jen has told me a lot about you, nice to finally meet you."

"All good things I hope." I said smiling and winking at my best friend who was busy rolling her eyes at my words.

"So I'll leave you guys to catch up with each other. Bye Jen....and Twila hope to see you at lunch." He said and gave Jen a quick peck on her lips and left us to join his group of friends. I must say Jen might not have made a wrong decision this time.

"So, what do you think about Jacob?" Jen asked chirpily.

"Well he seems really nice and friendly unlike the several other guys you have dated. I am happy for you." I said to her with a small smile.