Chapter 27

"I really really like you Twila. I've had this feeling for you for some time now. But, I guess, haven't had the balls to say to you. I just try to be around you , find any excuse. Twila,You make me happy by not even knowing it. So.....,is the feeling mutual?" He said rubbing the back of his neck.

I just couldn't take in whatever I just heard.

The boy, I had a crush on since ,I don't know, an eternity, is kneeling in front of me with a rose in his hand, saying that he liked me.

The next thing I know, I was too kneeling in front of him, decently taking the rose from his hand and saying," Ryan Walker, the feeling's mutual. I.....like you too."

And then I was pulled into a bear hug. Warm and comfy, I must add. And sweaty as well.

"Wait, so this was a plan of yours? And Jen was with you in this plan?"

"Actually... yeah. I asked Jen for the help, so that she can bring you with her. And Ali was of great help too." He said winking. Then he turned serious." I just wanted to do something more. I'm sorry I couldn't. "

"What!! Ali was in this too? Hmm...that explains why she wanted me to go the game so badly. And Hey, it's alright. There's nothing more I could ask for. This was really sweet."

I had this battle of thoughts in my mind, whether I should tell him about my long time crush on him or should I not. I guess I'll save it for now, and again someday maybe.

"So that's the reason why you'd sneak into my room? To be around me?"

"Yes, and No. The reason I said to you earlier was also true. But this can also be considered a reason." I just simply smiled at his answer.
"Ok , let me take you for a coffee then."

"Are you indirectly asking me out for a date, Ryan Walker?" I said with a smirk.

"I mean, what's wrong in that. We're together now, right?"

"Yeah, we're together now." I said laughing and rolling my eyes.

"So what about today evening? Are you free?"

"Yeah, I am. But, you're all tired from the game. I think you should rest today. And I think that's my job as your girlfriend-to take care of you."

"Already on the duty , huh?" He said throwing a smirk towards me. "You're so sweet, love." I was blushing so hard right now.
"So tell me when do you wanna go?"

"Umm..I think tomorrow's a weekend. So maybe tomorrow would be good."

"Ok, as you say. Tomorrow 9am be ready. I'll pick you."
.
.
.
"You little bitch. Since when did you become such a great actor?" I said as I ran with a pillow in my hand, chasing behind Ali, ready to smack her with it.

"Hey, calm down. And I AM a good actor, right from the beginning."

We both then had a little pillow fight, and the next moment we were laughing together, both of us exhausted from the chasing and running game.

"But Sista, you've gotta admit that you're glad I did this."

"Actually,....yeah. I can't yet believe that everything that happened today was real. I mean it's too good to be true, right? The boy I liked so much liked me back."

"Yeah, you're lucky Twila."

"I guess. I'm so excited for tomorrow, and nervous as well. Cause I've never been on a date before. I don't even know how should I dress. Formal, or casual.

"Chill Sista, you don't have to worry when I'm here."
.
.
.
The next day dawned faster than I thought. The previous night I was not able to sleep for a long time. His thoughts kept me awake.
Flashback
Last night, suddenly, there was a knock on my window. I think I might know who this is.

So I went and opened the window, allowing him to come inside.

"Hey, what are you doing here so late, Ryan?"

"Actually I forgot to do something today."

I was really confused." What?"

He quickly grabbed my wrist, pulling me closer. His hands then went to wrap my waist, as he closed the gap between us and crashed his lips on mine . At first my whole body stiffened and heated up at this gesture . Slowly I let my body lose and eagerly kissed him back. My hands went to the back of his neck, while his stayed on my waist. The whole world seem to disappear for me, as our lip moved in sync. The kiss was a soft and tender one. After we ran out of breath, we both parted and he kept his forehead on mine. His breath was now fanning my lips.

"Geez, stop blushing. You should get used to it now." He said with his usual smirk.

He was right. I was blushing so hard right now, that I was sure my cheeks matched the red top I was wearing.

"Meet ya tomorrow, then." He said leaving through the window, as I stand dumbstruck.

But God, the kiss felt so good.

End of flashback

We started walking near his car, holding our hands together and everytime he turned and looked at me I get butterflies in my stomach. He then reached the passenger side of his car and held the door open for me.

I smiled at his sweet gesture and said, "Thank you gentlemen."

He winked at me and replied, "Your welcome love."

And yes that small word coming out of his mouth was enough for me to have thousand of butterflies inside my stomach. As we got inside his car, he started the engine and I asked excitedly.

"So, where are we going?"

"Well that's a surprise and I am sure you would like it. So girl calm down and wait for it."

"Okay okay. But can't you atleast give me a hint. Please..." I said while poking my finger at his arms and trying my best to make a puppy face.

"No Twila." Holding our hands together, he entwined our fingers, and said. "Look, I really don't want to spoil this. Can you wait?"

"Now when you put it that way I can't say no. So I guess I can wait." I said with a smile.

His eyes instantly lighten up, "Thanks"

The rest 30 minutes of our ride went pretty much silently with both of us being quite. I was enjoying the music coming out of the radio and Ryan occasionally singing along the songs, although he was terrible at it, especially when it came to hitting the high notes made the ride more fun. The view from the window was splendid. I took out my phone and tried clicking some pictures, but not even a photograph could display the beauty I saw with my own eyes. Just then my phone beeped and when I opened it, I saw a text from Aiden.

"Hey, finally coming to New York next week. Can't wait to see you! :)"

" Omg, couldn't be more happier. Hoping to see you soon. Take care."

Have you ever come across a point in your life where happiness you felt was as its peak? Where, the only thing that life offered was happiness? I guess that this is that moment of my life. After living all these years of misery, I finally am happy. Well, in Chandler's words I'd say "Could I BE anymore happy? "