"I just wanna See You"

Twila's POV

As we were sitting in the class, waiting for Miss Mason to start I felt my phone vibrate inside my pocket and a smile spread across my face by seeing from whom the text was....

Hey counter girl. Wassup? Haven't heard from you lately? Forgot me so soon?

Hey country boy. Sorry... I was just wrapped up in school work. Someone has to finish the work I missed while I was with you, right?

Country boy, huh? Okay, choose one quickly---Cheesecake or Velvet cake?

Umm....tough decision. But I think I'll go with Cheesecake.

I knew it. Thanks for the help. We really do have the same taste. Okay then it's final. I'm making a Cheesecake.

What? You're cooking? God save your grandparents.

Hey!! What's wrong in trying? Moreover it's a surprise for them.

Surprise?

Yeah, it's their anniversary tomorrow and I decided to bake them a cake. I was literally smiling like crazy while texting him.

*coughs*

"Yes, Jen?"

"Well Miss Punctual, Miss Mason is here, and what is wrong with you, why you grinning like a loon." I just responded her with a roll, and replied "Nothing. "

*beeps*

I guess I'll answer him once I get home.

After the bell rang, and the class ended, I quickly gathered my stuff and made my way out of the class. The rest of the day went pretty much as usual. I was relieved to reach home and finally lay on my bed. I then quickly opened my phone to see the earlier text I received from Aiden.

"Call me once you're free."

I quickly took out his number and dialed it right away. After two rings he finally picked up the call.

"Twila, how are you?"

"I'm fine, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing good. So I have got something to tell you." He said, his voice was full of excitement.

"Go ahead."

"Okay... So basically, umm.. from the last two years I have been trying out for an internship in this one company and..."

"And what? "

"And yesterday, I got a call from them saying I have been selected, more like shortlisted for an interveiw in New York."

"In New York? Gosh, that's amazing!! I'm happy for you. But when is the interveiw."

"Ahh, the date isn't finalised yet. They said, they'll let me know soon."

"Okay, but after you get the date, I should be the first one to know."

"Definitely."

"Hmm, I hope we meet soon. I miss you." I said.

"I miss you too."